cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet. Can't get past router manager page

Melandemma2014

No internet. Can't get past router manager page

I have this exact problem: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Light-on-router-is-blue-but-no-internet-connection/td-p/1400...

I am trying to connect to fibre broadband which was activated yesterday (received text and email confirmation). The light on the hub is blue but I cannot get past the hub manager page. It shows my account incorrectly as setup@plusdsl.net... and connected to the internet.

I have tried to self correct by following the below steps and adding my correct username and password, but it doesn't work.

Click on Advanced Settings
Login with your admin password from the back of the router
Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
Select Broadband from the option above
Click Disconnect
Change the username to YourUsername@plusdsl.net
Change the password to your account password
And then click Connect

It just goes from a blue light to an orange light. It then makes me reset, at which point it goes back to the blue light and the account name reverts to setup@...

From the above link, where the user had the exact same problem that I have, it seems as if my account hasn't been fully activated yet. Please could you fix this asap.

I've submitted a faults report online, but grateful for anything you can do in the meantime.

Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No internet. Can't get past router manager page

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to the internet.

I've updated your fault ticket, if the steps there don't work, please can you private message me with the serial number from the bottom of your router (it should begin with +081441) and the first 6 characters of the MAC.

I can then add this to your router component on your account and it should then automatically connect.

Please let us know how you get on.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Melandemma2014

Thanks Anoush. I'll try when I'm home tonight and let you know.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Best
Mel
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

P.S. If you would like to private message me, please use this username - @Gandalf

Apologies for any confusion, I was logged in using my old account by mistake.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet