Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No increase in speed

FIXED
akirsten13
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No increase in speed

I upgraded to fibre, received the new Plusnet Hub One router and it became active on the 13th april as it was meant to. But the speed hasn't increased. I'm only 5 minutes away from the exchange. 

(I did try connecting with the ethernet but it doesn't connect. I keep getting the Error 651. I logged into the router to check it's settings and see ipv6 is not provided so I have turned off ipv6 in the network adapter's properties but to no avail)

And I know that there's meant to be some adjustment to the line during the first week or two, 

but regardless of all the above this is wrong isn't it? The results of the test show I'm receiving far too little speed. Why is this? I'm really concerned. I paid a year up front as well 

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 05.06.28.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: No increase in speed

Hi there akirsten13, welcome to the forum.

Distance from the exchange is not relevant on Fibre, it's distance from the Cab that's the important thing. It's a shame you waited this long because you should have had the improved speed immediately, there's no adjustment to the line to this extent over a week or two.

Check your Current Line speed (Login required), it could well be that it's still set to the old ADSL value and hasn't updated for some reason. If so, someone from the Plusnet Help team may need to kick it.
But if you find the current Line Speed matches the BT IP Profile, then try logging into the Hub One and go to >Advanced Settings >Internet >Broadband and click on the <Disconnect> button on that page. Wait about 30 seconds and then click <Connect>.
This drops the PPP session and then establishes a new one, so you should pick up the Current Profile. If that doesn't fix it, something else is causing the problem and will need looking into.

IPv6 is not available on the Plusnet Network at present, and as you've discovered is not set in the Hub One, so should have no particular relevance to this problem.

akirsten13
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: No increase in speed

Fix

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

After following your advice for checking the line speed and disconnecting/reconnecting and finding there was no difference I telephoned Plusnet tech support. 

It was indeed still set to the old ADSL value but they did something their end (which took > 1 minute), and after I rebooted the router I am now getting 73Mbps. 

I am also pleased it's fixed because of the loud and dreadful music by robert palmer we are subjected to whilst put on hold Smiley

Thanks again