cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fibre upgrade/put on highest BB price

Ashthecat19
Hooked

No fibre upgrade/put on highest BB price

Sorry if this is posted twice. Original not showing.

Help! Please!

No upgrade to fibre for nearly 2 months. Old BB contract due to finish 13/11. Agreed new fibre contract to start then. But told could upgrade sooner on 16/10. Still no fibre.

Given option to pay line rental upfront, haven't been able to do so for 3 months.

Taken this up many times with customer services by phone. They apparently can't help. Waiting on average 30/40 mins to speak to anyone. Looking for someone at Plusnet to contact us, take ownership of the problem and fix it. Have seen others on the forum have had solutions such as new broadband account to get round the problem by sales and retention team. So fingers crossed!

History:

Received email dated 13.9 with link to pay line rental upfront. Each time tried to pay this it says:
You can't add Line Rental Saver for the moment. Unfortunately Customer Centre Members will not be able to do this for you either.
Our system may be updating. Please try again later.
If you find you can't add Line Rental Saver again, let us know using the Help Assistant

Had also decided to change our BB to fibre. Rang and agreed new contract and terms. £23.99 for unlimited fibre and line rental included plus £8 anytime landline and mobile calls. No activation fee. New router. This was confirmed in an email dated 9/9. Should now be £31.99 a month. Upgrade to unlimited fibre agreed from 16/10 then committed to 19/10. Said happy to wait and start new contract but told they'd process upgrade. Still no fibre. Told we had fibre. Then told clearly don't have fibre. Now told fibre in place to router but not activated.

Told new billing system together with upgrade caused fault. New contract stuck in pending. High priority. Wait for fix. Will get email and/or text. Hasn't happened.

Still can't pay line rental though shouldn't need to pay upfront as included in £23.99 as agreed.

Plusnet have also moved us onto the most expensive BB even though they'd agreed with us to upgrade to fibre. Did get £5 credit for Nov bill. Need another £5.49 credit for Nov but also £10.99 for Dec bill whilst this is being sorted. The least Plusnet can do is ensure we aren't paying more than a new customer.

Require the following please:

1. Unlimited Fibre activated and confirmed. As agreed.
2. New contract for £23.99 unlimited fibre and line rental included plus £8 anytime calls and mobile calls. Total £31.99 a month by direct debit to be set up, as agreed.
4. Want to keep current phone number.
5. Remove upfront line rental option, if that's causing problems and agreed monthly direct debit anyway.
6. Extra £5.49 credit for Nov bill plus £10.99 credit for Dec bill as being charged top BB rate, to be added to our account. This will mean we aren't being charged top price.
6. Account to be updated and recorded correctly, as still showing old contract.
7. Everything confirmed by email.
8. Contact details of one person to take ownership of this issue.
9. Compensation for literally hours spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

Had been pleased with Plusnet service and Customer services always helpful. That's why we decided to stay with you. So come on Plusnet, sort this out for us!
7 REPLIES 7
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: No fibre upgrade/put on highest BB price

Hello @Ashthecat19,

Thank you for taking the time to raise your thoughts and feedback on the service you have experienced recently. I am very sorry to read that you are in the middle of an upgrade with a few issues, I have done some digging on the account and left a ticket here with further information.

Ashthecat19
Hooked

Thank you for your response. I've added a comment to the ticket, if you can please action.
I'll update on the forum, once I've got more information, in case anyone else is having same issues.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that @Ashthecat19, I have now updated the ticket for you with further info.

Ashthecat19
Hooked

Can Madeleine on the Plusnet help team please update us on our still not having a fibre upgrade and the options available. Thank you.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Ashthecat19,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I have now updated your open ticket here.

Ashthecat19
Hooked

Thank you. I've now updated the ticket, if you can please follow this up.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @Ashthecat19, I have now updated the ticket for you with further information.

Thanks.