cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fibre for me

XenoGuy
Grafter

No fibre for me

So, I contacted BT OR via http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/contact-us-form.aspx about when my cabinet will be upgraded, and they replied with
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
You are connected to xxxxxxxxxxx exchange, cabinet nn.
I am really sorry, but having investigated our network data, we are not currently able to supply you with a fibre broadband service from our existing network. I appreciate this is disappointing news.
I would like to reassure you of our ambition to bring superfast broadband to as much of the UK as rapidly as possible. We are pushing ahead to complete one of the most ambitious and largest rollouts of fibre broadband anywhere in the world. Our £3bn investment coupled with the government’s BDUK programme means fibre currently passes 80% of homes and businesses in the UK.  We are working in partnership with the majority of councils across the UK to increase the fibre broadband footprint to over 95% by 2017.
We appreciate this is of little comfort if you cannot access the superfast fibre network yourself.
Unfortunately your property is not currently included in the network roll-out because after our initial survey, it was established that this cabinet would not be viable for Openreach to upgrade.
However, this is not necessarily the final position. Plans do change as our network grows and it’s worth keeping an eye on our website where we publish the very latest fibre coverage information. For further information regarding Government initiatives within your area please visit http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/ which covers all areas and not just rural.
Another possible option is to think about getting together with neighbours or a local community group and raising the money to help build the network yourself.  We do have options for privately funded fibre cabinets in some places.  We cannot always guarantee this will be feasible in all cases, but we would be willing to look at it if this is an option that you would like to pursue. If you would like to contact the team, please email ngb@ xxx .co.uk.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and although I appreciate this is not the answer you are looking for, I hope it can help you understand that we have a real commitment to delivering superfast broadband to the people and businesses of Britain.  I am sorry that we have not yet been able to provide you with this service and we really do hope that this position will change in the future.

What does this so-called "survey" entail? Anyone know?
I suppose my only option is either, 1. Move (which I'm thinking about anyway), or 2. Stick it out for the next 3 years hoping I'm not in their 5%.
I had enough years of waiting, so I had to contact them, even though I'm now disheartened .
Edit:
This is my DSL speed test, I know speedtest.net is far from accurate, but take my signature as a comparison (taken a fair while ago), it's been poor for months
2 REPLIES 2
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: No fibre for me

Have you checked with the project doing the BDUK and council funded rollout for your area?
XenoGuy
Grafter

Re: No fibre for me

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2016/01/bt-reveals-300mbps-g-fast-trial-routers-some...
It makes me laugh that they can spend millions on upgrading speeds, yet leave some cabinets upgraded...... What gives....