Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fibre broadband service since 3rd July

FIXED
sheerfortitude
Hooked

No fibre broadband service since 3rd July

I have had the same message from PlusNet since I phoned up initially

- an issue is being caused by an exception - fault - on the line. A bridge case has been raised with our suppliers. Should be complete within 48 hours. Cease light raised as well as bridge case.

I have now spent hours trying to understand why this can't be resolved. I am very worried that it will be months before I have any service. Does anybody know how I can get this sorted please.

I hate being angry on the phone, but am becoming increasingly unhappy with this. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No fibre broadband service since 3rd July

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see this is taking so long to resolve.

I can see we're expecting an update today but this hasn't come through yet. I'll set a reminder to check this again after today.

If we don't have a clear update by tomorrow I'll take ownership of chasing this up going forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sheerfortitude
Hooked

Thank you for replying. I look forward to you taking the bull by the horns Adam. I am getting nowhere with this, and as you can see, I have been very patient despite ongoing costs and childcare issues that having no broadband service is causing me.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There's a button for that Gel Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)
Topic moved to fibre board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi sheerfortitude, 

I'm chasing this with our suppliers now and I'm escalating the issue with them as there's no further progress today.

I expect to be able to update you again tomorrow.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sheerfortitude
Hooked

Hello again. I normally phone for my daily update on the lack of progress around about now. See there has been no movement since 4pm yesterday, I'm assuming it is bad news yet again. Would appreciate an explanation of what has been done to rectify the situation in the last 21 hours please. As I said to someone the other day, the schools have broken up around here now, and next week brings the childcare issue to a head if I can't work at home. It has been OK for the last 15 working days, although very expensive, having to leave my home office and travel to an office to work. This is just one of the reasons that I am annoyed with how this is being dealt with.

sheerfortitude
Hooked

Hi, still waiting for the update promised on Friday. Please get in touch, I'm beginning to think you have forgotten my problem, even though you promised to take some responsibility. 16 working days so far, and still no progress on this. Not one inch.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Hi, I did chase this on Friday but didn't get the chance to update you. I was advised after escalating the issue that it should be resolved by the end of today. I will be checking on this later today and will take our suppliers to task tomorrow if there has still been no movement.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sheerfortitude
Hooked

Thank you for the update. I really hope that with your help a solution can be found today.

sheerfortitude
Hooked

Thanks, I now seem to have a service again. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's really good to hear, thanks a lot for the update!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team