cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fibre after house move

gitbags
Grafter

No fibre after house move

Right, I moved house on 21/12 and requested plusnet moved my phone and fibre account to the new property a few days before. As I was out of contract I was placed on a new 24 month contract, now after being given two dates for my engineer/fibre activation (after a couple of delays transferring my phone number) I've now been told there are no dslam slots free at my cabinet and I'll have to join the waiting list:-\
The best offer I was given was £6.99 a month for adsl (currently offered for free to new customers  ::)) and to try my luck later. I couldn't even get a straight answer as to wether or not I would remain on the fibre waiting list if I took Adsl in the interim . The only reason I moved my account rather than close it was because I was happy with my fibre service. Now that can't be provided, even though I was sent the equipment before I'd completed on the new property, am I locked into a 24 month contract for my phone? Or do I have the right to cancel my account? My line went live just before Christmas but we were only assigned the correct number on the 29th of December.
Am I stuck?
9 REPLIES 9
gitbags
Grafter

Re: No fibre after house move

I'm guessing no staff that browse the forum know then if I've been stitched up, I guess I'll have to spend another 30-40mins on hold on the phone to find out  Undecided
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Gitbags,
Sorry I didn't notice this earlier,  allow me 15 minutes or so and I'll take a look at things for you
gitbags
Grafter

Cheers darkfire.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had a look into things and the information given regarding fibre capacity is in this instance unfortunately correct, checking on things when the house move order was arranged, all checks we can run with our suppliers for this showed Fibre as available with no waiting list and at that time things were pushed ahead.
Once the order got to our suppliers(in this instance BT Wholesale) they advised that there was no longer capacity for the connection to be established, and all checks we can run now do indeed show the FTTC service as being on a waiting list.
If you were to go to an ADSL service we can of course monitor things and get you up to Fibre once it is available again, you would need to speak to our options team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange pricing on that though as that's not something we can handle via the forum, the same would go for cancelling, those decisions can only be made by our Customer Options team, currently they have an 11 minute wait however this tends to drop as the day goes on
gitbags
Grafter

Good to hear you can keep me on the waiting list, the customer service rep I spoke to just dodged the question by telling me I can "upgrade whenever I want" obviously I can't if there's no free ports  Roll_eyes
I'll try calling again when I eventually get home.
Cheers for your help.
gitbags
Grafter

Right finally got through to someone after 6 days of trying. I've now been set up on a Adsl contract till fibre is available for me, but I've received no info on how long it's going to take to set the Adsl connection up. Can a member of staff chime in please? I'm fed up of phoning cs, it took me 6 nights of trying just to get this far  Roll_eyes it's almost like you don't want my money  Cry Undecided I've got a ticket saying I've agreed to terms but that's about it.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again Gitbags,
I've just checked things and cancelled the Fibre order with BT wholesale, once they remove this from their systems I will get the ADSL order in place, this takes 4 working days, so will give a connection of either next Wednesday or Thursday at the latest depending on the time the Fibre order cancels today. As soon as this is put into place later today I will get you a definite confirmation of your connection date.
I'll also make sure we get you onto the Fibre waiting list afterwards as promised
Edit: Just to add to the above, I will arrange for a colleague to call you about the Fibre pricing once the Fibre ports are freed up to make sure this is sorted without you needing to go back and forth any further Smiley
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That Fibre order cancelled nice and quickly, the ADSL order is now in place due to connect next Wednesday(20th)
Let me know if you need anything further
gitbags
Grafter

Thanks for the help darkfire. I received a phone call from customer options apologising for any inconvenience and to confirm the adsl order.