cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No faster than normal ADSL

Shoeless
Dabbler

No faster than normal ADSL

My Fibre download speed is 11 Mb/s and the upload is a dawdling 0.3 Mb/s.

This is no different to the previous ADSL connection that I had.     I am only a third of a mile from the exchange and things should be a little better than this.

I should be downloading around 24 mb/s

4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: No faster than normal ADSL

Is this a new fibre connection ? If so it maybe the simple fact that the profile hasn't been adjusted at plusnet end.
Shoeless
Dabbler

Oh thanks.   

I may be a little old fashioned in my approach of thinking that when one receives an email saying that I have a Fibre Connection that, perhaps, I do have a Fibre Connection.

I shall wait a little longer and reboot before the first race at Redcar to see if there's an improvement in speed.  And, who knows, I may even get to watch it!

Muchly appreciated and clearly I was chomping at the bit a little too much there.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

You need Plusnet staff to check the status of your order. It is - bizarrely - quite possible that you have not yet been upgraded as there have been reports here of the 'completion email' being sent out before the work has been done.

You could use the BT Checker to see if there is an open order on your line and if so, it will show the completion date. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Shoeless, sorry to hear you're having speed issues. I've had a check into your connection and tested to see what your estimate speeds are.

I can see you should be getting somewhere between the below:

1234.JPG

However when testing your connection we are only seeing

Downstream Speed 20.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.7 Mbps

getting to the router.

This definitely tells us that somethings out of place then and given our testing isn't picking up and external faults or issues I'd suggest we start by getting you in the optimum set-up your side and seeing if things look any different and if the speeds fall within sync or not. This should highlight any potential external issues and tell us if we need to go down the route of raising a fault and getting an engineer out to investigate further.

Getting in the optimum set-up would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the speed increases. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Let us know when you're in this set-up as we can re-test from this side to see how it's looking also.