cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engineer visit as promised

Jacrav
Dabbler

No engineer visit as promised

I referred a new customer to Plusnet Fibre Broadband and anytime calls and when he had a problem with the on line first payment,it refused his credit card for some reason,we then contacted Plusnet by phone to sort this out.
As he has no NTE5 Master Socket and the incoming line terminates in his living room and his computer is in a upstairs bedroom we requested an engineer visit.
The person that we spoke to tried his very best to persuade us from this and also to have him use is BT Home Hub instead of sending out their own router, and telling him that he could connect wireless.
He was on the verge of cancelling when the Plusnet man finally agreed that an engineer visit would be authorized.
I have not been available to call and see what actually happened when he was connected to Plusnet until today.
Well he had no engineer visit as promised and was talked through the connection process by Plusnet.
He is connected from the incoming line straight to the BT Home Hub with no fibre modem connected and then wireless into his bedroom so is not fibre connected.
I am not in a position to know what actually was said in the conversation to set up his fibre broadband and if he did as was instructed.
While i could sort this out for him i feel that it is Plusnets responsibility after they promised him an engineer visit which will be recorded on their system.
So after getting him to sign up as a Plusnet new customer i feel somewhat responsible to him for such a shoddy outcome.
He has gone on my recommendation from a very decent BT package with decent speeds to something he feels falls very much short of what he expected.
If someone from Plusnet can look into this matter he would be most grateful.
I can supply his account details if and when required we tried contacting by phone but got timed out.
He should be on my referrals, but even that is not showing at the moment.