cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engineer to install fibre

markebaker

No engineer to install fibre

Who do I need to contact if the engineer doesn't come? The engineer was supposed to come today in the am but hasn't. I don't what to be charged for a miss appointment and theres a lot of things I would rather be doing than wait all day for an engineer not to come.
6 REPLIES 6
markebaker

Re: No engineer to install fibre

Just got a call. Couldn't hear what he was saying. I could just make out the word broadband and nothing. What am I supposed to do?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear this, I've raised a ticket on your account Here regarding this.
If you could respond to the ticket, our provisioning team will arrange a new appointment for you asap.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you've taken time off work you may find this helpful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markebaker

Well I got a new date for an engineer to come. Today 8am to 1pm. Nothing happened. No engineer. Nothing. What a waste of time.
GG
Grafter

I had the same problem recently. Engineer a no-show and some BS report about no door numbers and no ability to make contact.
Chased PN and apart from them challenging the report, since it was a BT OR engineer, BT could not give a hoot and I ended up with a further 14 day wait. Seems a common thread with BT and their engineers. Had the same thing multiple times when a BT customer a few years ago and it seems that nothing has changed.
Best bet is to prove your time-off and seek some form of compensation for lost earnings due to the BT engineer failing to show up as booked.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about the issues mentioned in this thread.
@markebaker
We're expecting an update from our suppliers today so please look out for an update to ticket 111080261.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team