cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone since change over

FIXED
timey1974

No dial tone since change over

I have just recently changed from sky to plusnet and the phone and fibre is supposed to be active. However I have no Internet access and no dial tone. However as soon as the router is unplugged from the filter I get my phone back. I have tried 4 different filters and when my old sky router is plugged in everything is fine expect for Internet obviously as I am not with them anymore. Can anybody tell me what is happening. Is it a case I haven't been switched over correctly. I have changed provider 3 times without problems until now. Any advise would be helpful
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 116

Re: No dial tone since change over

Hello @timey1974

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone service.

I've tested your line and I've not been able to detect a fault. I've raised a ticket on your account with a few checks you can try before we arrange an engineer.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran
Fixes: 31

Sounds like you have a faulty router, or have plugged the line into the wrong socket on the router.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 116

Fix

That's a good point.

@timey1974 Is the DSL cable plugged into the WAN port or the DSL port of the router?

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
timey1974

Doh, thanks guys. Yep half asleep Monday morning before work and plugged it into the WAN port and not the DSL. Next time i will plug everything in when i am more awake and not at 5.10 in the morning :-)

Fixes: 215

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Anoush as per message #4.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still