cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection

jlucas5

No connection

I have recently switched service to PlusNet and yesterday had an engineer install fibre. He said to wait until 12 midnight yesterday before it would work. This morning the connection still wasn't working and the router supplied (tg582n) was flashing amber and the turning green with no internet signal. Plusnet have made an order for another router however I have the same type in the house which I have also tested.
The router tested is tg582n software release 10.2.2.B variant EH. Once connected the router's power and ethernet lights are green but the broadband light remains off. The DSL light on the open reach is lit up green. I have logged into the router ip and am getting a dsl connection is down message. While PlusNet have sent a new router I am worried that the issue will still persist. Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: No connection

If you've not already, you'd need to change the pppoe user-name and password on the router to your own I believe..
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Assuming you may perhaps have been sent an ADSL router instead of the fibre one, you could try connecting a PC directly to the Fibre modem - instructions on how to set up a PPPoE connection here.
It will only connect one computer, but should set your mind at rest as to whether the connection is active or not.
jlucas5

I'll  give it a try now. Thanks for the response guys.
jlucas5

Ok connection works fine using the PPPoE method. Just wait for the router now, once again thanks for the help.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just to add the router you are trying has the ADSL firmware so won't work on fibre without reflashing it
You could try flashing as described here http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The new router dispatched should be set up for fibre, so when you get it just plug in in and wait a few minutes. The automated setup should kick in and get you online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.