cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

Psyuk

No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

Every night around 9pm my hub is losing connection as described in the tipic. And I mean every night. It eventually sorts it's self out after 30 mins or so but that is not good. Why do I keep losing connection
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

Do you know of any event locally or in your home that occurs at the same time every night? Lights being switched on? Time clocks on water heaters? Etc, it's quite possibly interference getting in to your phone line from some faulty local device and or faulty line. 

When it goes off try a quiet phone line test by ringng 17070 and selecting Option 2. If there's noise then report it as a phone fault rather than broadband fault.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'd definitely keep in mind what Baldrick1 has mentioned but it does look like your connection is dropping at other times too. I've attached a graph below of the past 7 days of connection logs to give you a feel for what we're seeing. 

Line tests are pointing towards a "high resistance fault" and have picked up on interference on the line so I definitely recommend following the standard broadband troubleshooting steps along with the quiet line test. Do let us know if you have anything electrical on a timer or maybe outside lights that come on with a sensor when it starts to go dark as those tend to activate around 9pm at this time of year:

https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Psyuk

Thanks. Will get a phone and try the line test. There is nothing on a timer/sensor either
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our tests are still showing a issue so we've raised that for further investigation

We'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Psyuk

Not had the chance to do a line test but an engineer was here today. So far we are getting the best speeds and connection to date
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Glad to  hear that @Psyuk. It is still with our faults team who will continue to monitor the fault and keep you updated via the account. Please feel free to get back to us here if anything changes.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team