Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

FIXED
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

The wifes mother unplugged the power cable from her hub one router yesterday, and when she plugged it back in an orange light came on with a red flashing " no internet logo ".

I went down and did everything that the user manual says but nothing worked, it constantly says " no connection ".

Her mother has only had fibre for 3 weeks now, up until now its been fine and the hub was always on green working as it should be.

Her phone is working fine, just her internet seams to be down.

Can someone from plusnet check her internet out for me please, i can give u her username or you can check my current referrals to access it ( the active one ) as i have a new referral being setup for someone else.

15 REPLIES 15
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No connection with hub one... orange/red lights

Thank you for your private message.

I've tested her line and I'm seeing the router not in sync to the exchange.

I'm not identifying the cause of this so I'd advise to try plugging the router into the test socket as explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Failing this, it's best to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
St3
Aspiring Champion

ok thanks ill try this tomorrow afternoon Wink 

St3
Aspiring Champion

@Anoush

Ok they tried the router plugged into the old mastersocket and it didnt work. The missus sent me a pic of the old wiring her mums got. The master socket they have is really old and has been in place since 1970 so her mothers telling me.

Also there now telling me the phones not working since trying the router in the mastersocket, i wonder if all the wiring is very old.

So im now wondering what too do next as her mums not very well off and i dont think she could afford to pay an engineer to come out.

Can you run some tests and see if you pick up on anything, when you have a moment.. Smiley

St3
Aspiring Champion

@Anoush

Ok her phone and internet just came on after being off for 4 days how random is that ? Can you test her connection from your side next time your back in work.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Ste Mother in law had one of them old things Sad   

as it was inside her house they charged her £60 for call out , Ok she has a new shiny box and better phone line but overcharged by BT .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for the update @St3 I'm sorry to hear she doesn't have a test socket.
I'm currently just returning from my Easter travels, once I'm back in the office tomorrow I'll run another line test to see if I can identify a problem to raise directly with Openreach.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your patience. Looking into their account, I forgot they're provisioned on FTTP. Testing the circuit is still not really providing any useful information because its fibre straight to the premises.

Taking back what I advised before about the test socket, I believe she would be using the ONT box supplied by Openreach so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

With the ONT out of sync we would have needed to raise a fault to our suppliers to arrange an engineer.

Happy to hear it's back up and running though. If this happens again I'd advise to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net

St3
Aspiring Champion

Not that its an issue, but can i ask why she is on fttp and not fttc ? When we signed her up it didnt mention fttp ? And i also thought that you had to request to be added to fttp as it was a trial. Also with fttp do you not need different modem and router ?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The account you provided me via private message was originally provisioned on ADSL, and then requested to be upgraded to FTTP from the Member Centre circa September 2015.

St3
Aspiring Champion

You must be looking at someone else`s account then because she has not had a phoneline for a few years, and she aint had any internet either.

This is a new connection/ new line... So whos account having you been checking Tongue

I will pm you her details again so you can double check for me, if you dont mind.

Maybe you have 2 accounts using the same username ?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm. Please can you private message the username again?

St3
Aspiring Champion

ok done 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thanks for the PM, and I sincerely apologise for the confusion.

Yesterday I picked up the username from your private message to me about a week ago regarding a different issue. When I first replied to this thread, I found this account in question through the referrals as per...

or you can check my current referrals to access it ( the active one ) as i have a new referral being setup for someone else.

Moving on, testing the line...

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 463.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

...isn't identifying any problems as to why the router wouldn't sync until Friday. I'd probably advise to keep an eye on it, and if it happens again/the connection doesn't return by itself or it's intermittent, then to raise a fault to us.

St3
Aspiring Champion

No problem @Anoush Thanks for checking it over for me Smiley