cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection on Fibre this morning but line up and Sync OK

transmission1
Dabbler

No connection on Fibre this morning but line up and Sync OK

Anyone else having problems this morning? 

I have no PPPoE authentication but line is up and I am connected to local cabinet at usual sync speeds.

Tried rebooting but no different, router sitting there connected to Fibre but no authentication.

i guess this is a problem st the plusnet end.

connection went down around 4.53 am looking at the logs.. 

7 REPLIES 7
transmission1
Dabbler

Re: No connection on Fibre this morning but line up and Sync OK

Ok, replying to my own thread.. but found this is a major incident in my area so a lot of people affected.

In found the status at: 

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status/view/Broadband/

Tue 25th July, 08:14

BT Infinity problem in the Bridlington Bay area

Dialling codes affected: 01262

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like you've chatted to one of my colleagues this morning.

There is indeed a major service outage, affecting your broadband circuit. It was due to be resolved 1 hour ago, but from testing your line it looks like it's still active. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
transmission1
Dabbler

Thanks. I did contact one of your colleagues this morning and they also advised me of the MSO.

according to the BT network status checker the problem has been resolved at 12.04 pm but I still cannot connect. 

I can see Sync to the local Fibre cabinet but no PPPoE authentication.

hoping it comes back online soon, I have rebooted my router several times (Netgear D7000) but no change as of yet.

if you could keep an eye on this it would be really appreciated. Start of the school holidays with no internet is pretty bad news... ! 

Regards

Simon

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have you checked that the router still has the connection details set in it? The MSO is showing as cleared and we can see your line in sync, just no connection attempts coming through.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
transmission1
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, but all settings are fine and present in the router. I re-entered them just to be sure.

Just spoken to support again on the phone they have sent a reset command for this line. 

It still hasn't made any difference and I'm at a loss to know what to do next. I'm using a 4G dongle as a backup connection so I can check these forums..

transmission1
Dabbler

Spoke to customer services again this evening. Fault was logged and passed for further testing.

Connection now back online as of 22.20 this evening. Seems to be stable again now so if you wish you can close the fault ticket that was opened. If the fault team resolved the problem then pass my thanks to them! Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for letting us know you're back online. I've passed the fault ticket back to you so it'll stay open for 14 days before automatically closing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.