Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No catch up on sky q

John25
Hooked

No catch up on sky q

I recently swapped from Plusnet adsl to fibre
Everything is good until we tried catch up or on demand through our sky q box with no joy.
This has been going on now for 6 weeks spoke to Plusnet has the adsl worked fine with no joy.
Had sky in twice no problem with equipment
Any suggestions where I go from here
John 25
6 REPLIES 6
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: No catch up on sky q

Hi @John25,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this issue does not appear to have been resolved, I appreciate it's causing some inconvenience for you.

This sounds like a settings issue on your Sky Q box as I'm not aware of this being widely reported by our customers. Please can you advise if you have any issues with any other streaming or catch up services online?

Thanks - LF

John25
Hooked

My wife has watched catch up on her IPad
I have asked both sky and Plusnet about settings but no joy
John25
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@John25  is the Sky Q box connected to your PlusNet router using a wired connection or a wireless one ?

If it's wireless , have you reconnected to the new router ( presumably its changed from a Hub zero(ADSL) to a Hub one(Fibre) ?

What does the Sky Q box show for the Network status , Settings > Status > Network Connection

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

John25
Hooked

Hi
Yes the connection is wireless and the status is connected on sky q
I have tried an Ethernet cable but I don’t fancy a 9 foot cable going across my lounge floor on a permanent basis but it didn’t give me catch up anyway
John25
John25
Hooked

I had 2 sky engineers out about no catch up tv.  The engineers proved that by using a mobile phone using the 4G internet that catch up tv will download not using the plusnet hub one fibre broadband.

spoke to plusnet and the sky engineers spoke to plusnet about the mdu settings but plusnet said about port forwarding but the person wasn't trained to advise on how to sort this.

In the end about 1 1/2 hours later the manager at plusnet have credit my account £50 to buy a third party router.

So basically plusnet have said that this plusnet hub one router will not allow skyq to access catch up or on demand tv .

Great service not

john25

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that John.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused but I'm glad to see you've got a resolution.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet