Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband

FIXED
anthonymaddocks
Fixes: 1

No broadband

After being informed yesterday that my plusnet order was complete the router was not connecting to the internet. I have been told it may take up to 3 days to resolve this.and have not been given any proper explanation as to why I am suffering this issue. Can anyone give me the reason and more importantly a more precise timescale. I'm sorry to be a pain but being without internet is a shock to the system!

2 REPLIES 2
anthonymaddocks
Fixes: 1

Re: No broadband

Fix

Received a text message to make changes to the hub configuration to correct the issue. I'm sure this could have been explained to me yesterday! A bit disappointing.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: No broadband

Hi @anthonymaddocks,

I can see you spoke to us yesterday following the completion of the order and a fault was raised late afternoon as it couldn't be determined why you were unable to connect. As you've noted the faults process has an 'up to 72 hours' response time, although we aim to respond to as many as possible much faster than this. 

The fault ticket was updated first thing this morning advising you the issue should be resolved following those manual changes to the hub.

Unfortunately, you would not have actually been able to connect yesterday as, despite the order being complete, the circuit had not been built fully on BT Wholesale's backend network. They pushed an update which completed overnight, but because the router had been trying to connect it was stuck. resulting in those instructions provided this morning. 

Hopefully that explains a little what caused the problem, though I understand it's a tad frustrating.