Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband

OriginalTM
Dabbler

No broadband

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place but I'm just a bit baffled. I purchased the 70/20 package from Plusnet which was due to switch over today but I've only had the landline switch. I receive a dial tone but my BTOR modem does not receive an IP (I also purchased a static IP). I've tried different modems, cables, direct to modem but their appears to be no internet connection (The DSL light on the modem lights constant).

Sorry that my first post is a rant but I was genuinely excited to test it out today and I'm a bit miffed it's not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No broadband

Have you set up a router with your new username and password?

Do you have the PN Hub 1?

OriginalTM
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for responding 🙂

I have a BTOR Modem and a Edgerouter Lite, when I was with my previous ISP it acquired the details automatically 🙂

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Well that won't work here, you will need to put in the username and password that you signed up with over on the PN account site. Have a look at this link for some more info.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

and whilst that link doesn't mention a password for fibre connections ( it does for ADSL ) , you do need the password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OriginalTM
Dabbler

Hi, I tried those password (Direct with the laptop and through the ERL) and it still doesn't appear to be connecting or retrieving an IP address 😞

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Have a read here

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Config-for-Ubiquiti-ER-X-EdgeRouter-X-on-Plusnet-FTTC/...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .