Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi @Mr_Morpheus, cheers for getting back to me and no problem at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf (Anoush),

I suspect that you may be on holiday the moment so hopefully someone else in your team will pick this up.

I have received an email to say that my bill for this month is £29 and payment will be taken on or after April 9th.

This figure is incorrect. To save time reading back through this forum thread I will quickly summarise how we got here...

I have been a happy Plusnet customer for a few years on the 38Mb fibre broadband service. At the start of February I contacted Plusnet and asked whether they would match an offer by Vodaphone for 80Mb broadband and line rental for £24 per month inclusive. The Plusnet operator said I could have it for £26 and sent me a confirmation email with the following details:

Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband: £7.01 per month for 12 months and then £20.99 thereafter Line rental: £18.99 per month  Line Only call plan: £0.00 per month  Total: £26.00 per month for 12 months on a new 12-month contract then £39.98 per month thereafter 

You can read the entire email in Question 187089538 which was logged against my account. On the day that my new broadband service was due to go live, I lost my broadband service completely and it was 4 weeks before I eventually got what I had ordered. As a result of this massive inconvenience it was agreed that I would receive a monthly discount for the remainder of my 12 month contract.

According to my latest bill it would appear that Plusnet has ignored the pricing specified in the contract I agreed on Feb 1st (in Question 187089538 )  because when I look at the latest bill I can see that although they have applied the monthly discount (specified in Question 187359699 ) they have charged me full price ( £39.98 ) for Line Rental and Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband at £18.99 and £20.99 respectively. This does not match the details of the contract I agreed on Feb 1st.

Can you investigate and resolve this please.

Thank you.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Mr_Morpheus

Thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise if there has been any confusion over your invoice. I can assure you that we have not ignored any prices from your contract on February 1st and all discounts agreed are displayed on the invoice.

I have reviewed this fully for you and responded via a ticket here

If you need any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @Warwick 

Thanks for responding.

I've read the details in the ticket you raised against my account but the figures are wrong.

You've assured me that you have not ignored any prices from the contract on February 1st but unfortunately it looks as if you have. Please take a look at the charges in the latest bill for £29, dated 03/04/2019.

The ongoing monthly discount (agreed in Ticket 187359699is included in the calculations BUT the charge for Unlimited Fibre Extra is shown as £20.99

This is wrong!

The contract I took out on Feb 1st (Ticket 187089538 ) clearly shows that Unlimited Fibre Extra will be charged at £7.01 per month for 12 months.

Can you please look at this again.

Thanks.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Mr_Morpheus

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We are not able to reduce the price of the broadband product on your invoice. This will always show as the full price, in this case £20.99. To get this down to the agreed amount there is a discount added to your invoice, yours comes to -£13.98 reducing your broadband to £7.01 and your total including line rental as agreed on ticket 187089538 is £26.00 per month.

As I mentioned in the ticket this is before any additional products that are outside your contract agreement such as BT Sport App, and referral discounts.

I hope this helps to clear things up for you and if you need any further assistance please let me know.