cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Richard75

Re: No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

I’m trying to use the new hub one that was dispatched to me..

I’m also trying with my original BT dsl modem and Netgear Router

Both fail to get any connection, plusnet engineer also confirmed they can’t see any traffic coming back so looks like an issue at the exchange
Richard75

I am having exactly the same issue - Service Upgrade 10th Feb as of today still no internet, I have also reached the end of my patience with plusnet and now feel I have no choice but to move to a new provider....having been a customer since 2002 it’s very disappointing
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Richard75, please could you respond to the ticket on your account confirming your availability for an appointment.

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be able to get that picked up and booked in as soon as possible for you.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @Richard75

Thanks for contributing to my thread. I suspect that your problem has a different cause to the one I am currently experiencing. I was going to suggest that you create a separate forum thread so that someone from PlusNet could respond directly but I've just noticed that @HarryB has posted a message asking you to check the question logged against your account.

I completely understand your frustration believe me, but I would say that the PlusNet staff who have responded to this thread have been very helpful and have done their best to provide a solution to my problem. Yes, it's been extremely annoying that I've been without broadband for 3 weeks and I came very close to moving to another provider (and that could still happen if it isn't fixed by this weekend) but I am still hopeful that it will get sorted. I hope they can resolve your problem too.

Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hello @HarryB

Good news!

My broadband came to life at around 8:00am this morning. I know that it could take a while for the connection to "settle down" but my initial speed tests showed a download speed of 69.2Mbps and an upload speed of 18.79Mbps which is higher than the MGALS.

I am at work at the moment but I am still able to connect to my IP cameras at home which means that the connection is still running. I will check the speeds again when I get home and update this thread.

Many thanks to you and @Gandalf (Anoush) for staying on top of this problem and chasing your suppliers to get it resolved. I will post another update later. 

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Mr_Morpheus glad to hear that your broadband is active now.

The speeds seem great at the moment but over the next 10 days you may see this fluctuate. I'll pass on your thanks to Harry and Anoush. We look forward to your further update later on.

Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hello @Satss

My download/upload speeds seem to be fairly steady at the moment which is great.

I have been offered some compensation for the inconvenience of not having any broadband for the last 3 weeks but there are conflicting offers against my account. There are 2 open questions :

This was raised on Feb 11th and contains offer details.

This was raised on Feb 8th and contains a running commentary of what PlusNet did from that day until now. It ends with another offer which was made today (22nd Feb).

Today's offer is disappointing when I consider how much the loss of broadband has affected me over the last 3 weeks. This includes money wasted on online services as well as the significant inconvenience of no longer having access to those services:

• Netflix subscription (£9.99 per month)
  • Amazon prime video (£7.99 per month)
  • Xbox Gold Subscription (£3.33 per month)
  • Playstation Plus Subscription (£3.58 per month)

Also the fact that my wife could not remotely connect to the office from home once a week for the last 3 weeks so she's had to spend money on fuel to drive to work on those 3 days. A total of 3 x 36 ( 108 ) miles.

And there is also the worry of my security cameras being inoperative for the last 3 weeks because they're IP cameras and require an internet connection to send notifications and allow me to connect remotely.

There are also my Alexa Echo devices which were completely inoperative.

Finally there is the excessive amount of mobile data that I've had to use as a result of tethering my Windows PC to my phone to get internet access.

I know that you are under no obligation to refund the costs incurred as a result of the loss of my PlusNet broadband service but I was expecting a more significant gesture than the one I was offered today and having looked at the offer specified in question #187359699, I have to confess that I am confused as to what is actually being offered there.

Can you look into this for me please. Thank you.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Mr_Morpheus,

I've taken a look at 187359699 this is a discount subscription that's been put in place for 11 months that will run until the end of your contract. This amounts to £13.98 every month for 11 months. 

On top of this 187315748 details a further credit that we'd be willing to apply to cover further downtime that's happened as a result of your fault. That said we've noted 2 weeks worth of credit but the connection logs show you being without service from 1st February until 22nd so we'd obviously look to increase this to cover the full period. 

I'm afraid to say that we will not and do not cover costings for other third party services that you pay for, or cover your wife's inability to connect remotely to work. These are detailed in the terms and conditions:

12. Our responsibility to you

12.1. If something goes wrong we'll always look to put things right but, except as set out in paragraph 12.3, we'll never be responsible for:

12.1.1. financial loss;

12.1.2. information that is lost or corrupted (unless this is due to digital content we provide);

12.1.3. losses that you may suffer if you have used the service or equipment we provide for business purposes (for example due to not being able to carrying out remote working or being able to run a home business);

12.1.4. any loss that was not foreseeable to you or us when we entered into our agreement; 

Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @JOLO

Thank you for explaining the discount and credit.

I was concerned that the offer of credit had somehow superseded the original discount offer but now I understand that it's in addition to the discount.

That sounds very fair.

Do I need to respond directly to question 187315748 on my account (to accept the credit) or can you sort this out for me?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we'd just need you to respond back to the ticket to put that in place for you. Please let us know here when you've responded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hello @adamwalker

As requested, I have just responded to question #187315748, accepting the offer to credit my account. This is in addition to the ongoing monthly discount specified in question #187359699 on 11/02/19.

Thanks for your help in resolving this matter.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Mr_Morpheus,

Thanks for getting back to us and replying to that ticket.

I have now updated the account and ticket here.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @Mads

I have read the details on the ticket. Thank you for sorting out the credit and ongoing discount. It's unfortunate that you will have to apply the discount manually because your system isn't able to automate the rolling monthly discount.

If my broadband service continues without incident (as I expect it will) then this will probably be my last posting against this thread. 

Special thanks to @Gandalf (Anoush) and @HarryB for all of their help in getting this resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Mr_Morpheus just got back in the office after a week off and upon my return I'm glad to see you back up and running. Thumbs_Up cheers for the feedback and kind words. If you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

I have read your latest update to question #187315748.

Thanks again for keeping an eye on this.