Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No broadband since upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

No worries, while I can't guarantee we'd allow you to leave your contract term without penalty, I'm sure we can make some progress and get this sorted for you and the goodwill gesture could be refund if you're not wanting a credit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hello Anoush (@Gandalf). Can you please chase BT/OpenReach for me and find out if there has been any progress please.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's on my to do list for today, I'll get it chased up and update you as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hello Anoush @Gandalf.

Thank you for chasing this up with your suppliers. I received your email where you said that this issue was still stuck in the OpenReach systems and had been escalated to the next level. You also mentioned that your team would chase this up on 20/02/19.

It will be 3 weeks on Friday (22/02) since PlusNet disconnected my existing (PlusNet) fibre broadband service as part of the process of upgrading my connection to "Unlimited Fibre Extra" and I am still without a fibre broadband service.

I mentioned in a previous message that I would be looking to cancel my contract if there was no progress by today. At that time, you said that you could not guarantee that I would be able to cancel the contract without paying a penalty. 

My contract with PlusNet is for "line rental" and "Unlimited Fibre Extra". At no time since the start of the contract have PlusNet supplied me with "Unlimited Fibre Extra" or a fibre service of any kind. How can PlusNet seriously consider forcing me to pay a penalty to cancel a contract for a service which they have not provided?

How long do PlusNet expect a customer to wait for the provision of a service after entering into a contract for that service?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, while I appreciate the frustration and inconvenience caused by this I don't feel that we're yet at the point when we can agree nothing further can be done and we allow you to leave your contract term without penalty.

We're still actively exploring all options and escalating this. I raised a more of a formal type of escalation with our suppliers BTwholesale earlier today and I can see they've come back to me advising that they've emailed their team manager to try to get this raised to the director's service office(DSO) at Openreach which is the highest escalation level they can go. 

We'll let you know whether the DSO escalation is accepted, but if it isn't our suppliers have still accepted the escalation I've raised, so they'll be proactively monitoring and chasing this up with Openreach from this point on.

Once this is resolved we'll obviously make sure we credit or refund you anything you've paid for a service you haven't had as well as discuss that gesture of goodwill we mentioned earlier.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Thanks Anoush @Gandalf

I hope the escalation has the desired effect but if we're no further forward on Wednesday (20th) then I will be going back to Virgin for my broadband and then take whatever actions are necessary to get my PlusNet contract cancelled without penalty.  Frankly, I think I've been more than reasonable by waiting as long as I have. It's a shame because I was very happy with my original 38Mb PlusNet broadband. All I wanted was a bit more bandwidth and now I've got nothing. Gutted!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, fingers crossed this is sorted soon.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

While I am waiting for the results of your BTW escalation today, I decided to try the broadband "Check Availability" option on the BT web site and it says that the fastest speed I can get is 38Mb. So I went to the PlusNet site and did the same thing and got this below.

Unlimited Fibre Broadband is available in your area.

Postcode: xxx xxx

This means you can get an estimated download speed of 25 - 39Mb, and an estimated upload speed of 5 - 7Mb.

So it seems that I cannot get Unlimited Fibre Extra at all!

I ran the checks using the house numbers of my neighbours and they CAN get Fibre Extra. It's very odd but this would explain why there have been problems with my order.

If BT Wholesale (OpenReach) cannot give me Unlimited Fibre Extra then can you put me back onto Unlimited Fibre urgently please!

38Mb is a lot better than what I have at the moment. i.e. Nothing.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Mr_Morpheus, I've responded to the ticket regarding your order Here.

In regards to the speeds, checking on the telephone number would be more accurate than just the address. I've checked the telephone number on dslchecker.bt.com and it returns the following results, so I think you should be OK:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 67.7 20 19 61.9 Available -- --  

If once the services are installed, the connection does perform within the MGALS (61.9Mbps), we would be happy to write off the contract and negotiate a new discounted rate/contract on the lower fibre package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @HarryB

I've read the update that you made to my ticket. It all looks very promising.

Thank you for making progress with this.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Further to the previous response, our suppliers have confirmed the expedited completion date.

I've sent confirmation via the ticket for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mr_Morpheus
Grafter

Hi @HarryB

Thanks for keeping me updated.

If it all goes according to plan then I will be up and running for the weekend. Fingers crossed Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fingers crossed it all goes well. My team are monitoring this for you, so myself or someone else on my team will be checking back on this on the review/expected completion date for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Richard75

So I’m having a very similar issue as mentioned on this forum.

Plusnet confirmed that i had been paying for a service for some time that  i had not actually been recieving, i was subsequently  upgrade to the the latest Fibre unlimited offering on the 9th Feb and I’m sorry to say I haven’t had any internet since.

I have lost count how many times i have contacted the support desk and tried to use the online chat but have failed to have any resolution. Having been a loyal customer since 2002 I’m more than a little disappointed and frustrated by the quality of customer service.

PlusNet/BT  Please can i have my Internet back!!!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Richard75 which modem/router are you using?