cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband - redirect to BT Wholesale @ 62.6.38.125/index.html

Lewis_SJH

No broadband - redirect to BT Wholesale @ 62.6.38.125/index.html

Yesterday around 3.30 PM our broadband (connected in Feb 21) dropped out. After the usual troubleshooting, including soft/hard resets, checking wired vs. WiFi connections and 2 calls to the tech support team there was still no joy - our broadband is still down almost 24 hours later.

Every attempt to open a new web page is met with a redirect to BT Wholesale's service information page (which I assume engineers use for line testing during installation) @ 62.6.38.125/index.html. Going into the settings of the router I can see that the various addresses are incorrect. Our network IP and default gateway are incorrect and don't use the 192.168.1.254 of the router. The DNS is set to the same address as the BT service page. Forcing a new IP, Gateway and DNS via Windows doesn't seem to correct the issue.

From what I have found online at the BT forums e.g. https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/All-pages-redirecting-to-62-6-38-125-index-html-BT-Whole... the issue seems to be a problem with the radius authentication on BT Wholesale's side, and that they need to rebuild the circuit on their RAS. This appears to be a short fix remotely on their part, but I can't contact them directly as they won't deal with members of the public. It's going to need a member of the plusnet team to contact them to get them to investigate and rebuild the circuit. I have a ticket outstanding with the issue and have mentioned the above to team members but so far haven't heard anything back, so I thought I would post it up here too.

Help would be appreciated as I need the broadband to be working by Monday as I'm currently working from home.

Thanks,
Lewis

EDIT: I should also mention that I have tried resetting and entering a new password within the settings page of the router (where you enter username@plusdsl.net). I still got the same issue with a new password and can also login with any password, including a blank. It throws no error up for an incorrect password and simply connects.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No broadband - redirect to BT Wholesale @ 62.6.38.125/index.html

Thanks for your post @Lewis_SJH and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you can't get online. I've got in touch with BT's helpdesk and they've checked their side which is all OK, so we'd need to pass the fault onto Openreach for further investigation through an engineer appointment, because there can be many reasons for getting the BT Wholesale service information page, not all of them are a BTW issue. 

Can you reply to your fault ticket by going Here with when you'd be available for a visit? 

If you can post back here once you've responded, we'll make sure the engineer's booked as soon as we can. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lewis_SJH

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have responded to the question in the ticket.

Some further info to add to this issue is that my landline number has changed from that on my original welcome email. I'm guessing this means a potentially crossed line (and explains why our landline is suddenly ringing often, after never ringing previously) and is probably what's causing the authentication issue when trying to connect.

Cheers,
Lewis
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Lewis,

Very likely to be a crossed line in that case. I've booked an engineer for tomorrow between 8am and 1pm.

We'll follow things up with you as soon as we can after the visit, but feel free to let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet