Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband - how long for a response.

FIXED
dunkB
Hooked

No broadband - how long for a response.

I'm just ranting here, but on the off chance a mod can tell me if anything's happening behind the scenes...

I opened a fault with plus net on Monday as my fibre connection kept dropping out for 5-10 mins at a time,

when I opened it my sync speed was showing at 4Mbps with the bt wholesale speedchecker.  Since then the speed went back up though my Sam knows box shows the DL speed varying wildly between 4 and 30 Mbps (up to 60% packet loss when it's down at 4)

I've still not had even an acknowledgement of the problem.  Contacted CS by chat and they escalated it / updated the call with a please contact customer but reckoned it would be tomorrow/ Monday before I heard back.  Is this really the normal estimated response time, a week!

Today I've no broadband at all, I've tried a different router / modem, moved it to the master socket, nothing helps.

Duncan

17 REPLIES 17
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No broadband - how long for a response.

The Moderators on this forum are customers who volunteer their time.

They have no access to Plusnet systems or your account.

Sorry.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @dunkB

Sorry it's not been a quick response from our faults team. 

I have looked into this issue for you today and I've found a potential line fault. I've raised this with our suppliers to investigate within the next 1-3 working days. 

I have updated the open fault ticket on your account with this information, please click here to view the ticket. 

Kind Regards, 

Alisdair 

dunkB
Hooked

@MasterOfReality 

Thanks Alisdair,

Much appreciated, it's good to know there's progress. (and my connection's back for now Smiley

Cheers,

Duncan

dunkB
Hooked

@Strat Oops, my bad.

It's been updated now which is cool.

Cheers.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Just a headsup we've been advised a engineer is due to work on this today.

Fingers crossed they can get it fixed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dunkB
Hooked

Hi @MatthewWheeler (and @MasterOfReality)

Yup, the engineer turned up a few hours ago,  so far it's better than ever Smiley

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 02:27:09
Downstream: 39.95 Mbps
Upstream: 9.997 Mbps

Thanks,

Duncan

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it!

Fingers crossed there's no further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dunkB
Hooked

Famous last words, went down an hour ago, still hasn't recovered despite rebooting plusnet hub.

Nevermind 😕

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see your connection seems to be back now and stable too:

However our tests are still flagging a potential line fault so I've raised this back to our suppliers to further investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dunkB
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf,

Yup, I swapped my old openreach modem back in on the WAN port rather than using the inbuilt modem and it connected

back at 4Mbs again.  Hopefully the engineer will be able to fix things again (more permanently)  Thanks for checking up and updating the call.

Cheers,

Duncan

PS: What's happening with the call that it only seems to be updated by staff in these forums? Has it fallen down a crack somehow.  Appreciated anyway!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dunkB,

This is just a quick message to let you know that I've checked for an update on your fault but we've not received one yet. We should get this update by the 16th at the latest and will let you know when we have this.

In regards to your fault ticket, every time it's commented on by a staff member it pushes it to the back of the faults queue, essentially. Because we've been providing regular updates from our side, it's not reached the front of the queue to be picked up by a member of the faults team.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@EmilyD wrote:

In regards to your fault ticket, every time it's commented on by a staff member it pushes it to the back of the faults queue, essentially. Because we've been providing regular updates from our side, it's not reached the front of the queue to be picked up by a member of the faults team.

I thought that this issue had been resolved some years back?  Internal comments shouldn't delay the issue being passed to the faults team.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

The issue that was resolved a few years was customer comments pushing the ticket to the back of the queue. For example, if a customer commented on a faults ticket to add more information or to provide us with an update it would push the ticket to the back of the queue. This caused a lot of problems and has been sorted now.

However, staff comments will still push the ticket to the back of the queue. Non-faults trained staff are told to open a new ticket if they need to add anything. However, as most of us community staff are faults trained we are able to provide the same updates as the faults team so we comment on the faults ticket.

I hope that all makes sense!  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dunkB
Hooked

Thanks @EmilyD

Engineer was here today and very helpful.  He's keeping the call and will be back tomorrow as he can see there's an issue but can't tell where so it's a work back along the line breaking in and testing job.

Cheers,

Duncan