cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for days

Pipachalk
Dabbler

No broadband for days

Our broadband dropped out a couple of times on Saturday but resolved itself after about 15 mins.
Then Sunday it dropped out and we called plusnet and were told to enter password and username again and it worked for a few hours but happened again and this time nothing worked.
Was registered as a fault and I have just logged into account and seen it says the router should have been left switched on but my husband turned it off. Will this have affected the remote efforts to diagnose and sort the issue?
Anyone any ideas what it could be. Never went without broadband this long with Virgin.
14 REPLIES 14
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Re: No broadband for days

Si i managed to get it connected last night but its gone back to red light and solid red b again. Do any of the admins have any idea how long it will take to get sorted cause not getting much from the support team?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

It looks like your connection is back up now...

Reviewing your account I can see there's a ticket raised with our faults team.

They'll monitor this for you and will get back to you over the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Thanks

Can i ask, and that diagram the parts for example on Saturday where there are 2 gaps and it says session close, it actually dropped out, is that what it is showing?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep. A continuous blue line means you're connected, but gaps in the blue indicate no connection. If you see a green/red tab but no gap then that'll just mean the router's reconnected almost instantly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Thanks for that.

My issue is that the fault was reported on Sunday and nothing seems to be happening. The connection has been intermittent and sometimes down for hours and the only communication we have had from plusnet is a text message saying they are running tests but having issues. I feel like this is just going to go on and on. Maybe they are doing something but unless that is communicated how am i supposed to know?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear your fault is still ongoing. It looks like we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this as our suppliers seem to have done all they can without access.

I've updated your ticket with a couple of checks you can run through first (assuming you haven't done it already). If you would like to go ahead, just reply to the ticket and let me know on here.

Thanks,

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Thanks for your help in getting something happening with this problem. I feel that if i hadn't raised the issue in the forum then nothing would have happened at all.

I do not understand the term "our internal wiring" as the only thing that is connected to the master socket is the micro filter and the broadband cable supplied with the plusnet hub. so the only thing it bypasses is the front cover of the socket which is newly installed by openreach? Can i clarify that if the engineer finds a fault with the plusnet hub or the front cover of the socket, we will not be charged £65?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

If it is the Hub one that's faulty and it's in it's warranty period you wouldn't be charged.

With regards to internal wiring this can be microfilters and extension sockets.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew
Well we've not been with plusnet a year so it will be. Is that something the engineer will determine. Also the micro filters were provided with the hub so aren't they covered too?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there

If the Hub's under warranty, the associated equipment would be too.

So to answer your question, yep.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Well apparently the engineer said everything was fine. As we are on holiday I don't know if the connection has been dropping out over the last few days. Could you check?

does that mean the router might be at fault because it's plugged straight into the master socket so if it's not BT's cables what else could it be?

seriously unhappy about the prospect of being charged £65 and will just go back with  virgin at end of contract as I'm not getting stung like this every time there's a problem. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

This is the connection log for your account:

The drops around 10-11am are likely in connection with the engineer testing as their on site arrival time and time stamp on their notes would suggest this is roughly when they were working on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Pipachalk
Dabbler

Hi.
Thanks for that. Can you tell me if a fault was found and fixed or if they couldn't find a problem and whatever it was sorted itself? We were on holiday and the house sitter let the engineer in and we just told it was ok so don't know if that meant they didn't find s problem or if he meant it's ok now he'd fixed it.
Thanks
Philippa
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Philippa

From reading the engineer notes it looks like they've found no issues and the router was in sync at 73mbps.

Engineer Notes

No fault found there getting 73 meg

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet