cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 8 days

crundegr

No broadband for 8 days

Having been without broadband for 8 days now I am starting to think the switch to plusnet was not such a good idea. I lost phone and broadband last monday due to BT disconnecting my connection in the box near to my house then the enginnerr called out to fix it only connecting the phone back and calling me to tell me he had fixed the phone but wasn't sure if he had connected the correct fibre because the cables were a mess in the box and as I was not at home I could not check, since then I have contacted Plusnet by phone and chat who first told me they would get back in 48hrs then after 64hrs I contacted plusnet and was told that I should not have been told I would get a response in 48hrs but 72 hrs, this was thursday so after a conversation on thursday I was informed that it would be monday before any update was available.
So I patiently waited and again no update, so today I contacted online chat to be told again that it would be 72 hrs before an update and the reason why nothing was being done is that BT were installing some new frames in the exchange (whatever this is) and I explained my issue was in the local box (as confirmed in a previous chat) and not in the exchange, the chat host explained that they were waiting for more info from BT, correct me if I am wrong but Plusnet is part of BT so why wait for information I would expect plusnet to be chasing information.  Angry Sad Angry Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Lichfield6

Re: No broadband for 8 days

Join the club! See my post 'Still no internet a week after product change to fibre'. I still have no internet service (now after 13 days outage) and am awaiting any sort of update. I am also accruing costs for using BT Fon. PN are very poor at keeping customer's informed, whether or not the fault is theirs.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi crundegr,
I can see straight away from notes on the fault ticket that we're seeing connection attempts from your line coming through with the username BTHOMEHUB@BTBROADBAND.COM
This means one of two things, either that you're using a BT homehub which isn't correctly configured or there's a cross-jumpering fault at the exchange.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
crundegr

Adam as have explained to plusnet customer services i do not have a bt homehub  and the openreach engineer told me he may have not connected my fibre correctly when he rung me. Now i have had a call telling me an engineer needs to come out because openreach can't find a fault at the exchange so it either the line to my house or in the local box well as my phone is working perfectly then it will not surprise me if the connections are crossed in the bt box then some other poor sod who has a bt home hub which i apparently keep trying to log into has not had internet for now 9 days either!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Adam as have explained to plusnet customer services i do not have a bt homehub

I'm sorry that wasn't noted on the account in that case which is why I asked.
Despite what you may have been told yesterday checks show that the jumpering issue is now fixed and that you're back online so I'm glad to see that's been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team