Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4 days now

Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No broadband for 4 days now

Why did openreach not leave the router that was working hooked up?
erikasocial
Dabbler

It was a BT router with a different password. He plugged it in to prove a point, ie the issue was with the router and not BT Openreach.
I am with Plusnet - though probably not for much longer.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I thought I’d post with my thoughts. Smiley

This doesn’t necessarily prove the router’s faulty if the engineer was able to connect to the internet using a different username/password, I suspect this may be the BT test login which just proves you’re able to connect to one part of the network. Might be worth seeing how it goes with the new router first though and go from there. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
erikasocial
Dabbler

I logged one of my devices to the BT router and it worked first time. Thereby proving a point.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Were you able to browse webpages? 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
erikasocial
Dabbler

Yes, absolutely I was.
E-mailed updated on my laptop's etc etc.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Ah I see. Potentially a router fault then, or some sort of infrastructure issue still as you weren’t actually going through your Plusnet credentials. Fingers crossed it’s the former though as it’ll be a quicker fix at this point. 

erikasocial
Dabbler

There is nothing else it can be given that BT Openreach have carried out every possible check over two visits.
Thanks for your help. Shame your colleagues haven't yet seen fit to call me to follow up on engineer visit as promised yesterday.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Really sorry to hear that the issues with your service are ongoing @erikasocial

I've now taken ownership of the open complaint ont he account, so there's no need to get in touch to raise one. I'll be giving you a call once your services have been re-established to look at what we can do to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

There's a few points that can't be shared on here though, as they contain billing information specific to your account, so I've sent you an email ,which you'll also be able to view on the open complaint here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
erikasocial
Dabbler

Title should read no broadband for11 days now.
New router, same issues. Not connecting.
Yet another BT Openreach engineer being asked to come out.
Having phoned the one who came out earlier this week, he is at a loss as to what else they can try.
I am a social worker trying to work from home and provide vulnerable people with a service. How much longer until Plusnet get a grip and deal with this!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this afternoon @erikasocial

I've just updated the open Ticket on the account summarising our call, and have managed to arrange an engineer visit for tomorrow. Please accept our apologies for the length of time this is taking top resolve.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
erikasocial
Dabbler

Finally back on line! 

It wasn't a BT Openreach issue.  It was a BT Wholesale issue. 

The BT Openreach Engineer(s) - two of them on this visit - have again gone above and beyond to try to sort out this issue. 

I think we now need to start talking about compensation for lack of service for 12 days, the fact that I was unable to work for 9 of those days as well as time lost to wait in for engineers, making frequent phone calls etc. 

I expect to hear back from someone by the end of today in this regard. 

Erika Lowe 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @erikasocial,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issues you've faced with the service recently. I've had a look over the case this evening and have responded via the open support ticket on your account, which can be accessed here. Once you've had a chance to read and respond to the ticket, please update the thread and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team