cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband following first time setup

sjohnson

No broadband following first time setup

Hi,

My activation date is today and I have received the email telling me it has been activated. I've followed the steps in the setup guide and gone into router settings to log in but I'm still left with an orange light and orange b light. It also says on the router settings internet disconnected.
I've entered my account password correctly but doesn't seem to change anything. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: No broadband following first time setup

Welcome to the forums, @sjohnson . It can take up to midnight of 'activation day' for all the network components to 'mesh'.

When you enter your account name 'xxxxx@plusdsl.net' and password, the DSL cable needs to be unplugged, and reconnected after you have clicked the 'save' button.

John
sjohnson

Thanks for the reply. I've given this a go and it doesn't seemed to have helped.
jab1
Legend

If you have no connection tomorrow morning, post back and we can investigate.

NOTE: I'm not PN staff, but know my way around. 😉

John
sjohnson

Okay thank you. I should add when I log in using the plusdls loggin on my router it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to reset my password just incase it's wrong which I don't think it is but though I'd try it anyway, and then it says you are already connected to internet. The router goes blue but can't reach anything online. The router then says my username is setup@plusdsl.net. don't know if this helps or not
jab1
Legend

OK - your username is whatever you agreed with Plusnet at sign-up and should be entered, along with the also agreed password, and the 'save' button pressed,whilst the DSL cable is unplugged.

John
sjohnson

Given it another go and still not working. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and wait for morning
jab1
Legend

As said, @sjohnson - it can take up to midnight of the activation date you are given, and the best advice is to leave the equipment alone until the following morning. IF you still have problems tomorrow, we can have another look.

John