Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection

FIXED
Dpennycook
Dabbler

No broadband connection

My broadband has been down since this afternoon and is unable to connect. The router shows an orange light and I have tried to reset the router but it still fails to connect, unsure if this is due to an outage in the area or me specifically.

Is there a site I can check for local outages?
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: No broadband connection

Unfortunately there isn't one - that I know of - but if you could post a screenshot of your Hubs Help Desk page it may tell us something.

How have you tried to reset the Hub?

John
Dpennycook
Dabbler

After it failed to connect I tried the reset option but didn't seem to make a difference Stuck on the page that says you aren't connected to the internet and to check username and password
jab1
Legend

Fix

Apologies for the late reply, @Dpennycook . If you haven't done so yet, try resetting the Hub - hold a paper-clip or similar in the reset hole on the back of the Hub for 30 seconds or so until the light goes green, and then give it 10 minutes to reconnect.

John
Dpennycook
Dabbler

Reset the hub with a paperclip and waited ten minutes but it is back to the orange light with no connection

jab1
Legend

OK - looks like you need Plusnet Help Team assistance. No doubt they'll get to you tomorrow.

John
Dpennycook
Dabbler

Broadband has now came back on so it seems to have done the trick, thanks for the advice 

jab1
Legend

Thumbs_Up

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Dpennycook,

I'm sorry to hear that you'd had issues with the connection yesterday, though I'm glad to see it's back up and running. Please let us know if there are any further drops and we'll be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team