cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection since switch from sky

raysauce
Hooked

No broadband connection since switch from sky

Switched from sky broadband yesterday & still no internet connection. Household devices appear to have connected to hub & light is stable blue but no access to internet. Each time you try it goes to dsl hub login page with no option to login? Help
18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: No broadband connection since switch from sky

Welcome to the forums, @raysauce . Have you had notification from Plusnet that you are good to go? This sounds as though the automated systems have not finished configuring your connection, which can take up to midnight of your 'go-live' date.

John
raysauce
Hooked

Hi John & thanks for the swift response. For clarity. Sky cut me off about 10am. email received from plusnet around 11am to confirm line had transferred. Email to confirm broadband was set up & good to go about 15:30. Followed every possible troubleshooting guide since & still no joy. There is no issue with any of my hardware as all worked fine prior to switch. Doesn’t connect through Lan network through Ethernet cable either. Pulling my hair out here John as now been another full day without internet.
jab1
Legend

Ray - I assume you have a PN Hub 0 as you are posting on the ADSL board? Unfortunately, I have no experience of that modem/router, so to help me help you, is there any way you can post a picture of the hub login page?

John
raysauce
Hooked

Don’t think so John unless I’m missing something. For reference I am using plusnet hub 1. Forgive my ignorance if I’ve posted in wrong forum, just presumed adsl was appropriate place to ask for help as plusnet live chat off line & nobody answering phone either. So frustrating. Can answer hub login questions if you have the time to assist?
jab1
Legend

Okay, as I have no experience of the hub1 either, I'm going to be struggling a bit. What lights are on the router, and what colour/what are they doing?

Are you on an ADSL or FTTC connection, although it doesn't really matter at this point in time?

John
raysauce
Hooked

Yeah lights have been solid blue for over 15 hours now which makes it all the more confusing. We have approximately 15 different devices in the house that all have successfully connected to the hub/router but none are able to connect to internet. Bizarrely google chrome works on a couple of the laptops but no site options it returns will connect? I’ve never experienced anything like this before & have switched many times over the years?
raysauce
Hooked

Unlimited fibre if that helps.
jab1
Legend

Now I'm really confused. You say you have got Google to connect, but can get no further - I'm wondering if your devices have retained the Sky connection details? Just one suggestion for now - completely power down one device - preferably a desktop/laptop and then restart it and see if it can pick up the Plusnet connection credentials.

If that fails, I'm afraid you may have to wait until I can ask a more experienced member if they have any ideas, but unfortunately, all the people I would normally ask appear to be offline.

FYI - You should really have posted on the 'Fibre' board, but don't worry.

John
raysauce
Hooked

No worries John. Duly noted & sincere thanks for sticking with me on this. Much obliged fella. Have a nice evening. If you get any ideas having slept on it don’t hesitate to shout up. Thanks again pal.
jab1
Legend

No problem - that's what we're here for, and don't worry, we'll get you sorted. I'm totally self-taught on this, and don't know everything, but there are more experienced members who will help when they spot this.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@raysauce 

Two possibilities

1) the Hub one hasnt been associated correctly with your account and so the auto configuration isn't working. If you login to the router, does the broadband username show as setup@plusdsl.net ?

If so , then click the disconnect, go to settings>broadband and change the username to youraccountname@plusdsl.net and the password to your password, then click connect. If the led goes blue then you should be good to go, if not then 2) below probably applies

2) your account hasn't been fully activated yet, in which case we need a plusnet staffer to rectify

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @MisterW .

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@jab1 no problem John, let's hope it's number 1.

I dont normally use the Hub one either, but I happen to have one connected to my network as a switch and so was able to log in and check the menus

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.