cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection - Possible charge £50?

bboysmax

No broadband connection - Possible charge £50?

So after originally ordering Fibre Broadband around 5 weeks ago, I've received my PlusNet Hub and tried to set it up and all im getting is the red flashing 'b'.
My phone line works fine, calls out and accepts calls, but nothing from the Broadband end.

Starting to get annoyed with not having any internet now.

I've spoke to customer service and they are sending a technician out in 2 days, but i'm debating to just cancel with PlusNet altogether as they say there could be a £50 charge??? Seems abit unfair as It's been so long since I actually placed the order...

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No broadband connection - Possible charge £50?

The £50 charge is only applied if the engineer finds the fault to be internal.

If you've gone through the checks we advise it's highly likely the issue will be externally.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bboysmax

I went through a bunch of things with a very nice lady on Friday evening, which involved: resetting the Hub, trying with and without the micro filter, unscrewing the fron plate and plugging into the connection behind that etc etc

So is it more than likely not going to involve a £50 charge?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

unscrewing the fron plate and plugging into the connection behind that etc etc

If you've done that then you've eliminated all the internal wiring. The only other possibility for an internal fault is the router, and since that's new and under warranty then I don't see how PN could charge you if that's at fault!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bboysmax

Ok this puts my mind a little more at rest! Thanks!