Did you mean: 

No broadband & no phone

FIXED
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

No broadband & no phone

Not a Plusnet problem....

Last Thursday morning Openreach decided our telegraph pole was rotting and dangerous so it was taken down, pole was removed and disconnected cables were left on the ground.

Knowing how far Openreach will go to avoid contact with the public I wondered if a member of the Plusnet team could get an estimated fix date or do we assume the procurement team are out in the forest looking for a suitable replacement. Thanks....

18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: No broadband & no phone

That is not standard practice @Champnet . We've had two poles replaced near me in the past 3 months - the one feeding the six properties on the lane, and the one feeding it from the DP in the adjacent road. In both cases, the new pole was on the wagon, and if I hadn't seen them, I wouldn't have known it was happening - I didn't even lose connection while they were on the job!

No help to you I know, but something's wrong with that approach.

John
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

I suspect a health & safety decision.......

jab1
Legend

That may be the claim, but........

John
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Day 7 and still no replacement pole therefore still no broadband or phone.
Should I log it as a fault so Plusnet can officially take it up with Openreach ?
jab1
Legend

I don't know if PN can influence BTOR in this case, but as I don't think you can contact them direct, it is probably a good idea.

John
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Thanks, not looking for Plusnet to influence BTOR It’s just that we, and our neighbours, have not been given any information or explanation as to what’s happened or what’s happening.....
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

.................................................................................................................

Alternatively you can call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1 + option 1). 

You can report things like:

• damaged underground cables (often caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
  • loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
  • damaged green cabinets or unattended cabinets with open doors
  • something unsafe at a site where we're working
  • damaged telephone poles (for example if they’re leaning at odd angles, or have fallen down)
  • loose, cracked or missing manhole covers
  • damage to your property or personal injury
  • engineer behaviour.

..................................................................................................................

Maybe report a 'missing pole'?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

@198kHz  thanks for the info. Just been and had a look for the pole, it's been cut down to head height so neither dangerous, damaged, loose or stolen. Had a text from a neighbour who's raised a formal complaint through BT and was advised to expect an update by the 19th as to when it will be fixed.

Have contacted Vodafone about the fibre network running down the road but there's a 1 month waiting list, apparently there's a sudden demand in this road and an obvious lack of engineers...........

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Service has now been down for over a week with no sign of a replacement pole. A neighbour has just received a 4G wireless hub with unlimited data from BT.

A comment from a member of Plusnet's support staff would be appreciated.....  Just logged as a fault.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you reported the fault to PN yet?

If you had from day 1 and they were paying compensation for lack of service PN would at least have a reason to chase OR.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

@Mustrum  Reported as a fault earlier today,  In fairness neighbours were originally told it would only take a couple of days to fix.  You'll see this thread was started last monday and given the title "No broadband & no phone" I assumed there would be an response from plusnet.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Champnet  in days past that may have been a reasonable assumption, alas the staff are very noticeable by their absence. They only seem capable of cutting and pasting the following message:

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

@Mustrum I was half expecting to receive that reply.......

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @Champnet

Sorry to hear that. I can see that as stated by you, fault was raised yesterday on this ticket, current Estimated Response Time from openreach is set up for 23rd of June.

As stated by @jab1 it is not normal to wait so long to replace DP. I had similar situation 2 weeks ago and pole was changed within 5 hours.

I've tried to reach out to openreach and query this for you but I am unable to reach that department during weekend.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience and hopefully this will be fixed by date provided by openreach.