cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband all day

jonmorrow

No broadband all day

I've had no broadband all day. Tried shutting down router and WiFi a few times and disconnecting then reconnecting cable from master socket but red LED on router always lights up to indicate no internet. I'm in Liverpool, any ideas? Jon
4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: No broadband all day

Good evening, 

looking at our authentication logs for your connection, it seems your router has reverted to using a previous password which has since been changed, causing you to not be able to connect, if you restart your router it should pull down the new details, if not please let me know and we can get you back online by doing this manually 

jonmorrow

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have updated as you were hoping and I still have red internet LED so I guess we'll have to do it manually. Cheers, Jon
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for checking that, not a problem however, this can happen on occassion.

On a computer connected to the router via wired or wireless, can you go to 192.168.1.254 in a web browser, this will load the router settings for you.

On this screen it should say Internet Status Disconnected.

below that choose change next to your username,

this will ask for a password which is on the router and the card that came with the router, this is different to the wireless password.

After this leave your username as it is but enter your current account password in the password box(the one you use when you access your account or call us), choose connect and away you go.

jonmorrow

Hi Paul, I'm back online!! Thanks very much, that wad swiftly and efficiently dealt with, I must say. Cheers, Jon