cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband after switching to Plusnet

DrPies

No broadband after switching to Plusnet

Hi,
Just switched from BT to Plusnet last month. Everything seemed to be working well after switchover but to cut a long story short it turns out that only the phone line was switched, and the broadband remained with BT. BT have now switched off the broadband and I was told my them it should revert to Plusnet and continue working. Turns out it doesn't and I now have no broadband.... who do I speak to to fix it? Plusnet tell me it's BTs problem, BT tell me it's Plusnet's problem and I seem to be paying both companies for broadband I don't have......
9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No broadband after switching to Plusnet

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I can confirm that we took over both phone and broadband on the same day so I'm not sure where this has come from.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DrPies

Just spoken again to your technical team, they have raised a fault as there is no broadband connection since BT switched it off.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @DrPies,

Thanks for letting us know. I have raised the fault to our supplier as it is showing a potential external fault.

Our faults team will monitor for the next steps and keep you updated here. Please can you get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
DrPies

Hi folks
I still have no broadband, and no one seems to be able to tell me what's happening?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just added an update to your account about some repair work taking place: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=183372308 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DrPies

It gets better! So after the third engineer visit he comes round the house and tells me there has been a technical problem during the switchover from BT to plusnet and that all the companies are out of sync and there is no issue with the wiring. His boss says Plusnet have actually cancelled the broadband so there is no way he can connect the line to it from the box. The only way he can get it working is to get plusnet to cancel everything and re-order the broadband from the start, at which point all companies should be in sync again and it should work.

So i call plusnet and they say there is no evidence of any of this from BT openreach and that they will not cancel my broadband and re-order it as i am in contract. If i insist I will have to pay cancellation fees as they think i am lying! [-Censored-]

So what do i do now? The engineer has been booked to come back on monday, I see if i can get written evidence from him so i can prove it?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @DrPies,

Looking at the notes on the fault report on your account, we've been advised that our suppliers built the connection to the incorrect fibre cabinet.

Judging from the notes, the initial engineer couldn't update the routing for the line so they could then cease and re-provide the circuit on the correct routing (This does not require you to close your account and would be done by our suppliers)

The most recent engineer should have updated the routing but doesn't appear to have done that, and instead has asked you to contact us to cease your line and re-provide it, but until they've updated the routing.

I believe the engineer on Monday should be updating the routing as the previous engineer should have.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DrPies

So the engineer came round today (number 4) and has looked at everything and has again repeated that they cannot fix it without the broadband order being canceled and being reordered. He has said he will update plusnet accordingly and that I should complain via Ofcom. If you send another engineer they will say the same. It seems that not all plusnet employees are aware of the facts unfortunately. Can I have a deadlock letter so I can progress this?
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @DrPies,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am deeply sorry for the fault you are experiencing with your service and for the journey you have had with us during this time.

I have looked into this for you and responded here via your account.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team