Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Speed change after upgrading to Fibre Extra

maffie587
Hooked

No Speed change after upgrading to Fibre Extra

Hi,

Broadband contract was ending in October, so I carried on with Plusnet by upgrading to Fibre Extra.  I haven't seen any change to the DL or UL speeds that I had been receiving for the past 2 years.

Download 38 Mbps

Upload 10 Mbps

Having read the forum, there appears to be the same problem where the supplier hasn't updated their records.  Could someone please have a look for me and see why I have increased speed.

Many Thanks

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No Speed change after upgrading to Fibre Extra

What speeds does your line support? If you put your number in the DSL Checker it will let you know, and also show your current speeds.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @maffie587 

I have tested your line, and can confirm that your router is syncing at 41Mbps down and 11.2 up.

This is within the 37-55Mbps / 8-12Mbps range our suppliers have provided as an estimate, and also above the minimum guaranteed speed you were provide with upon upgrading.  

Are you testing over wired or wireless connections? 

Thanks, 

MoR

maffie587
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm hard wired into the Plusnet Router.  I just thought that when I moved over to the 'Fibre Extra' there would have been some sort of increase in speed (as if they opened the data gates a little bit wider), but looking at the figures attached, nothing has changed.

I've attached the .csv from speedtest.net that I've been using for my readings.

Thanks

Matt

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @maffie587,

I think based on what you're achieving that it's probably best to move back to standard fibre, because the gains you're going to get, or are getting are minimal for your line. It was worth a try as there was a possibility of achieving up to 55Mbps, but it doesn't look to be possible.

The CSV you've provided, I'm sorry but this is a little confusing - all the numbers mash together, and it's difficult to tell what is what, is it possible to reconfirm please? Ideally separating each value in it's own column, or just providing screenshots of tests. Honestly we don't need results going back to 2018 - we cannot do anything with them - just a couple of results over the past couple of days are perfectly fine.