Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PPPoE connection since yesterday morning

FIXED
balancedfire
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: No PPPoE connection since yesterday morning

Thanks, let me know how it goes. You should have my mobile on file if you need to call me, I'm around all day

balancedfire
Grafter

I am online at last! Did you guys do anything at your end?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Happy to hear it, and see it! I was just about to call you to arrange an engineer to investigate.

Just a bit of background as to what we've done; I've been through some pretty extensive tests with my networks colleague, including performing a dial test using your connection details and we were able to establish a connection.

We deemed it either to be an issue with the Openreach Modem, or a faulty port at the cabinet.

Once again, glad to hear you're back up and running.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
balancedfire
Grafter

I wonder if the engineer at the cabinet this morning accidentally fixed it? It came online at 4pm. The modem has been plugged in most of the time (except overnight, I left it unplugged to clear any active sessions) and obviously is working. I think it must have been a line fault. I was overdue for purchasing a new router anyway so I'm kinda glad that I did in one way

Glad to be back online at last. I forgot how much I rely on the internet and using my neighbours connection over wifi was painful at best Smiley

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Glad to hear you're back online Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@balancedfire wrote:

I wonder if the engineer at the cabinet this morning accidentally fixed it?

It's certainly possible. We thought it unlikely to be an Openreach Modem fault as you tried your neighbour's Hub One.

@balancedfire wrote:

I forgot how much I rely on the internet and using my neighbours connection over wifi was painful at best Smiley

Aye, I'm the same way. A couple of years ago I was without my fibre (after closing my ex house mates account) for a few months due to a capacity issue at the cabinet. I got through a fair few books.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
balancedfire
Grafter

Although my internet was back up following all of this, Plusnet suggested an engineer visit anyway due to slightly lower than expected line speed (around 54mbps). 

The openreach guy has been doing various things all afternoon today, such as fitting a new port in the cabinet, and managed to bump it up to 65mbps, which is ok with me. He was completely baffled as to how it fixed itself the other week though! Really weird. Hopefully back online for good now.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Happy to hear you're up and running at a better speed! Grin