Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

TheDeuce
Dabbler

No Internet

Hi, 

After a bit of help, I have no internet connection and for piece of mind tried my "old" Plusnet Technicolor router which is showing a RED led for internet. I'm currently piggy backing on my mobile network, so hopefully someone can offer assistance to this problem quickly.

Thanks very much. 

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No Internet

Hi there, I've just tested your line and it looks like your router is stuck trying to connect to tr069@plusdsl.net this connects rotuers to a server that should send back the right username and password but that may not work for some older routers we've provided. 

The best thing to do is to log into your router's settings and make sure that the username is updated to the right one. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TheDeuce
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, I can now connect via the "old" technicolor router, so my next rhetorical question would be, who has hacked my router and changed my login details as there is only myself in the house who has the credentials to do that? 

Thanks for your help.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@TheDeuce  Don't panic, nobody has hacked your router. The credentials should be sent to your router automatically from a PlusNet server but it obviously hasn't worked with your old router. So entering the details manually has sorted it.🙂

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @TheDeuce,

Pretty much what @RealAleMadrid has written, sometimes the router can trip over itself when getting this info from our servers and just reverts to default settings. 

Let us know if you need further assistance, 

Thanks.