anthony1968

No Internet for 4 weeks

Can anyone help with this?
13 REPLIES 13
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No Internet for 4 weeks

If you want any advice from fellow users on here we'll need the full story please
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
anthony1968

Thanks for replying, I was kinda hoping someone from plus net would have seen it and taken action.
well the story is, ordered fiber broadband on a bt number which the old occupant was paying had fiber broadband on the exact day they said it would be activated, was very happy with the speed at which plusnet got me online. I was on fiber broadband for about a week.
Then the old occupant stopped paying bt which meant bt turning off the line, then I had to get my own phone line, I went the plusnet route for phoneline, so now I have to go through the setting up procedure on a new contract (2yrs)  Also to note is the fact they kept the old bt phone number from the old occupant.
Plusnet told me that I would end up on adsl because of a capacity problem, so they sent me an adsl modem which i set up and tried to connect on the day of activation, had phone line working but no adsl.
I also noticed the fiber light on the openreach fiber box, solid green. I tried to connect with the fiber router still nothing, broadband light red and a authentication in the error logs.
I rang plus net who told me that my fiber connection had been set up, still red light on the plusnet fiber router, rang support, went through the set up procedure with support, still red light on the broadband.
The support lady said they would have to send somebody to the property to check the wiring in the house and would be charged if there was a fault.
They said they would monitor the line for 24/72 hrs, yesterday my girlfriend saw a bt openreach engineer up some ladders at our property where the phone line comes into the house, since then I have had an intermittent phone dial and the fiber light has gone off on the openreach fiber box.
Had no feedback from plusnet since ringing them on monday.
Thanks

anthony1968

**UPDATE*
Just checked phone and nothing, no dial tone etc. I guess they are working on it or something else!!?Huh
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to see the trouble that you've had.
Your last post is very interesting as the loss of dial tone needs investigating as a priority. I will be doing further checks over the next few minutes and will put the results on your open ticket for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
I've done a number of further tests for you and bring mixed news.
The order was complete a couple of days ago and so everything should work as we'd expect. However, I cannot find what work BT are doing specifically toward your line at the moment.
Are the engineers still working in your area? If so, it might be worth waiting until they've finished, if not I need to get the phone fault raised as a priority. Line tests don't show any particular problem though. Therefore, I'd need you to check a telephone into your test socket (or master socket if you have one) to see if you get a dial tone here. If you could let me know the results, I'll advise further. If no fault is found and you still have no dial tone, we will need to get an engineer out for you.
Tony

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
anthony1968

Thank you sir,
yeah I just checked the phone line again 'master socket' same thing no dial tone and no light on the openreach fibre box. Like I said earlier, After the openreach engineer had been to look at the outside of the property the phone line ended up intermittent and fiber light has gone off.
Now the phone is dead, so I would like to think they are working on it. What gets me though is it has been working once (4wks ago) and nothing has changed at my end.
However I am expecting a call from a engineer either tomorrow evening or monday evening to check the inside wiring and will be charged if they find a fault, but obviously the fault is not at my end.
Thanks again Tony.
jim:quote
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
I presume this is a local engineer that you are arranging (rather than a BT Openreach engineer)?
If so can you let us know the results, as if the line test is still failing, we'll still need to arrange another engineer to the premises (even if we know everything at your end is fine).
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
anthony1968

When I spoke to plusnet on Monday we went through setup procedure while she was on the phone, at that time the phone was working, 'which is the phone I used to call plusnet' and the open-reach fiber light was green.
Because we could not  connect  she said they would monitor the line for 24/72 hours, I assumed plusnet gave the go ahead for an engineer to visit the outside of the property because of the none active broadband.
Once the engineer had visited the phone had a intermittent phone dial and the openreach fiber light had gone off.
Just checked the phone line again and phone line is still dead and no fiber light on the open reach fiber box.
An engineer has been arranged by plusnet to visit the property either Friday evening or Monday evening unless I tell them otherwise.
Thanks again

anthony1968

**Update**
Phone still dead and no fiber light on openreach fiber box.
Can anybody shed some light on whats going on? at my wits end now.
Thanks
P.S Cant even ring support, no phone!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi Anthony,
I’ve tested the phone line again and this time a fault has shown up. This has been passed over to Openreach for them to investigate further. As I said in a previous reply, they need to resolve the phone line before they can get the internet connection sorted.
Quote from: anthony1968
An engineer has been arranged by plusnet to visit the property either Friday evening or Monday evening unless I tell them otherwise.

This statement is causing confusion though.
Who told you that Plusnet had arranged an engineer? Could you confirm which call you were on? Could there be a misunderstanding here in that it was perhaps thought that the fault would be investigated after testing had completed on Friday or Monday evening?
I've looked through your account (the username you linked to from the forums) but cannot find any fault report that's reached BT (except for the phone fault that I've just raised). As a consequence of this, I'm suspicious of the engineer mentioned. We would also give you an actual date rather than a Friday or Monday evening. 'Evenings' are also outside of the engineer slots as they only offer AM (0800 while 1300) or PM (1300-1800 hours).
Now I've raised the telephone fault, we'll try to get this sorted ASAP for you.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
anthony1968

Thanks Tony, much appreciated!
About the engineer: when I rang support at the beginning of the week that's what she told me that an engineer would visit Friday (1300-1800 hours) or Monday (1300-1800 hours) I chose the afternoon slot.
She also read a statement out which I had to agree with before they could go any further, which I agreed too.

As for the engineer that the girlfriend saw, I'm not sure whether that had anything to do with us or not, but its a coincidence that after he had been the phone ends up intermittent and the openreach fiber light goes off.
Again thank you very much for keeping me in the loop.  
**Just checked phone line before posting this, phone still dead and fiber light is still off.
***Also can you let me know if an engineer is calling at the property today? thanks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
I'll keep you informed of any changes.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
anthony1968

Quote from: plusnettony
I'll keep you informed of any changes.

Same here, Thank you  Smiley