Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

FIXED
Mikerich323
Grafter

Re: No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

Update

The connection still drops 10 months later. Cannot wait for the day to see the back of the Plusnet cowboys, it cannot come soon enough!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@Mikerich322, 

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your disconnections, please ensure you follow the troubleshooting guides my colleagues have previously sent your way on this thread and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks. 

Mikerich323
Grafter

The troubleshooting guides are no use whatsoever. Anyone only needs to read through this thread to see the lack of interest Plusnet has in it's customers and the poor service it is getting away with providing.

'Yes, there been a fault since day one and we'll send an engineer along to sort things out... well we 'll send the engineer after you pay us £66.00, to sort a problem that did not exist with my last two providers, but we cannot promise that this will sort out the problem. THE PROBLEM IS WITH PLUSNET, BUT AS USUAL YOU WILL NOT ADMIT THIS!

I'll say it again, 'I cannot wait for the day when I no longer have to deal with you people!'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I can see from looking over your router network, the frequencies haven't been split and the channels are still on automatic, please go ahead with the troubleshooting to help alleviate the issue. I can see my colleague @Gandalf had ownership of this issue for you a while ago, and was unable to contact you as there was no answer to the ticket thread within his ownership nor to the phone when he called. 

We'd love to assist you, however, you will need to follow these troubleshooting guides as part of the process. 

Take care. 

samfinlayson
Dabbler

Hi Mike,

It’s been a while since I came on here to raise problems and get them sorted, clearly you’re still furious about yours, I did the cowards thing and just settled for sub standard internet connectivity.

I am however out of contract now (and they duly put the bill up £10 a month) so I shall be making the move to another provider ASAP (my concentration and will being required also...) I hope you can manage the remainder of your contract with some level of peace, it won’t be long now my friend...

For all others, the router is pants, the customer service is pants (and quite frankly condescending, (split the wifi? WHY??! In this day and age the customer shouldn’t have to manage any settings on a router to achieve the best results or allow different devices to connect to it). And this forum seems to be the way to raise issues when you’d rather call someone and actually have them take charge of your issue rather than say they’ve done something and when you get to speak to someone else they have no idea what has been done or who the last person you spoke to was... “no notes”.

Still... let this be a lesson to us all, keep at it Mike, you’ve got more resolve and patience than me!
Mikerich323
Grafter

Hi Sam

Great to hear from you mate, I’m sorry that I have not responded sooner, but as you’ve probably realised posting here does absolutely nothing. I’m also sorry that the Plusnet Cowboys were their usual selves and continually let you down, but I’m happy you will find better service with another provider, people keep telling me that Sky are very good.

For my part, well my system still drops out after 9 months and so let that be a warning to anyone reading this, in your own interests, do not take out a contract with Plusnet. I work in local government and I have recommended to everyone I meet in my work not to get involved with Plusnet.

How this company keeps getting away with ripping people off is beyond me. Why government allows this to continue I don’t know. Why government has not taken a legal stand against them I don’t know. Legislation needs to be brought in that brings the Plusnet Cowboys to heel and make them provide a standard of service…