Did you mean: 

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

FIXED
Mikerich323
Grafter

Re: No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

wakeman

You bite easier than Trump does.

Working for charity for nothing I can understand, but working for free for a company who's turnover is £410 million and have a gross profit of £186 million. Someone's laughing all the way to the bank!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Mikerich323  all you are doing is building the case against yourself. Any ISP requires you to provide information and do basic checks. You seem to think that PN work on some kind of mind reading ability to be able to fix a possible problem you have, although you refuse to provide any evidence.

Even if PN were daft enough to let you out of your contract, unless you move to Virgin media or another independent Fibre supplier, the faul will follow you. Perhaps that is what you are hoping for and the reason for being so obstructive?

Mikerich323
Grafter

Where's my fishing rod, I've got another bite. Mustrum are you another one working for nothing, or are you just pretending and really you're Plusnet staff in disguise... undercover, on a message board, wow that sounds exciting, well it would be if I was 9 years old. 

So how many undercover Plusnet people are there here?

'Casts line' 

Guess I'll find out.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Mikerich323 wrote:

And how much are Plusnet paying you for all this?

Nothing?

You are sorting their problems and doing their research and development for them for nothing?

Like most firms still trading, the current situation means that service can at times be below par, with working from home, staff absent or isolating etc. Are customers foolish, wrong, or misguided in offering a little help on the forum?

The Plusnet Help Team do a good job in the main,but I'm sure they would agree that a fair few of the customers contributing to the forums have better tech skills than a lot of the Plusnet guys.

It's called 'helping your fellow man'. Try it some time - you might even enjoy it.  😉

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Mikerich323  As I mentioned before, this is a public forum.

Customers come on here to ask for assistance. Customers and staff with more knowledge than those asking will offer help.

You may need to go back to the Forum rules that you agreed to when you joined to remind yourself !

Mikerich323
Grafter

Another bite and another Plusnet spy revealed.

You [Removed] have still not twigged that I have been bad mouthing Plusnet to see who comes to defend them and now all the forum can see for themselves who you really are.

Help Plusnet, they need it beacause times are hard. How about investing some of that huge profit in your infrastructure, now there's novel idea

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Two posts have been removed.

These post were tantamount to trolling which is forbidden as per the Forum Rules.

Please keep on-topic as further trolling may result in the thread being locked and action taken against any individual involved.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mikerich323
Grafter

Update

A difference of opinion now, as [CSA Removed] at Plusnet thinks the problem could lie with the router, while one of his colleagues thinks that it could be the line inside the property and someone can come and fix that for £65.00.

Hard to believe that its taken over two months to come up with these theories, which at this stage is all they are.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
Mikerich323
Grafter

Update

No dropping out for a couple of weeks, but wait what happened today, yes, normal services has resumed.

I see the TV commercials have resumed. Strange isn't it, when you call up to become a new customer you can get straight through, but try calling customer services and see how long it takes.

But then again when your service is as bad as Plusnet offer, I suppose you are always losing customers and so you will always have to be offering inexpensive internet deals to keep attracting new customers to replace the constant turnover.

Mikerich323
Grafter

No change, the fault still persists. Not surprisingly I have not had a customer satisfaction survey!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Mikerich323,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your connection. I can see that this was previously raised to our customer advocates team, however the advisor that had ownership of this was unable to test your line as it appeared that your router was being powered down on a daily basis. As the advisor did not hear back from you, we were unable to proceed with the investigation, as per the ticket here.

Please can you confirm whether you are powering your router off? If so, please leave this on and connected and get back in touch so that we can investigate the connection problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikerich323
Grafter

After being told that leaving the router on all the time would solve the drop out problem, I found that after two months it did nothing of the sort. All it is doing is giving my energy provider an opportunity to make more money out of me.

Despite being told that the problem could be caused by interference, cabling outside the property, wiring inside the property and/or the router, nobody seems to know. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Mikerich323 

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing. I tried to call you today to discuss this with you with an aim to get to the bottom of the problem but I couldn't get through. Could you let me know when you would be available for a call?

With regards to leaving your router switched on they're designed to be left on 24/7 and it's difficult to diagnose a fault as we generally can't distinguish between a line drop and a router reboot.

I recognise you said you've left it on for two months however because you didn't advise of this on the ticket 201577796 we had open with one of my colleagues from our complaints team, the ticket closed automatically.

Let me know though when you'd be free for a call and I'll be happy to call you back.

[edit]

To expand on the drops, while it's difficult to distinguish between a router reboot and a line drop, we can see large and regular periods of time where your connection has dropped which seems to point that you're rebooting your router. Rebooting your router everyday can also cause wear on the router as you're continually power-cycling it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mikerich323
Grafter

Update

I left a message as requested and advised that I would be available to accept a call all day Saturday, but no one called me!

I hate to say it but Plusnet never fail to fail.

Every single time I have dealings with you it never works.

I've suffered 4 months of this now and I have never known a company with such poor customer service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @Mikerich323 

I'm very sorry I missed the message on the ticket. I admit that was purely down to my mistake. 

Unfortunately I wasn't on shift last weekend so I wouldn't have been able to call you then.

I'm available 9am to 5:30pm this week apart from Thursday and 8am to 4:30pm this weekend.

With this in mind, would there be a good time-frame for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet