Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

FIXED
Mikerich323
Grafter

Re: No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

dws 1900

I don't want the community to assist me. I want Plusnet to get their act together!

I don't know how to log into the router.

"I am experiencing an high amount of calls at the moment," if you have several hours to wait, like I am expected to with you customer services. 

Mikerich323
Grafter

I also note from your GEA test there is interference, this may be internal or external to your property, and may be due to a number of things such as defective electrical equipment, strong radio signals for example.

Do you have any idea what may be causing this interference?

Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From20:00to20:15
Interference Location

Unknown

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Mikerich323 wrote:

I don't want the community to assist me.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mikerich323
Grafter

Regarding above suggesting some form of interference this sounds totally implausible, when both the Talk Talk system and BT system (which is basically the same as yours) have run here for many years without any problems. 

I have already spent many hours waiting to get through to your customer services. 

This is your responsibility not mine.

Further to this, my type written letter of complaint that I sent to your head office in Sheffield has gone unanswered, which according to consumer groups is breaking company law.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Mikerich323 

That is a shame because there are quite a few experienced people within this community who have been dealing with telecommunications, radio, electronics and other related topics for a long time and spend their free time assisting their fellow user's problems.

They also appreciate the imperfections of adsl & vdsl systems, and that the ISP's (Plusnet etc) do not control the networks or the infrastructure.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@Mikerich323 

Unless you got a GEA test or similar from you previous ISP's, or have the relevant experience in identifying interference  then you would not be aware of any issues, which may well have been increasing over time.

Mikerich323
Grafter

dws 199

If you won't take responsibility for your own service then you don't deserve to have any customers. Frustration does not begin to describe how I feel having had dealings with you for the past two months. 

Really it all comes down to the fact that you don't actually want to do anything and you're looking for an easy answer.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@Mikerich323 

I should inform you that I do not work for Plusnet, or have any other connection other than being a consumer of their services.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Mikerich323 Are you still moaning and not accepting offers of help. Plusnet have previously offered to organise an engineer to come out but if I recall, you refused it since you could not spare the time, and you did not respond to the ticket which by now will probably have expired. You *can* get interference on your broadband line and it *can* be either internal or external. Have you bother to do the various test you are required to do per the website? To access the router (its does tell you in the leaflet you got with your router) but its type in a web browser 192.168.1.254 and then go as suggested above to the troubleshooting page. The login for access is on the card on the back of your router. As for your complaint letter, they have a minimum turnaround I believe of 10 days in *normal* times, we are still in large parts in lockdown and limited staff, so things would/could be delayed. Opening hours have been extended I believe for customer services. see the latest Covid-19 notice on the website. Basically you need to help Plusnet to help you.
Mikerich323
Grafter

dws 1900

Then stop telling me what to do!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Mikerich323  This is a public forum, customers and staff have offered help which you continualy ignore.

The earlier GEA test showed your sync speed at 35Mbps, well above your minimum.

Mikerich323
Grafter

wakeman

I'm going to continue moaning until I have a connection that does not drop out and has the correct speed and Plusnet grow some backbone and assume the responsibility they should take as my provider.

If Plusnet are unhappy with this please annul the contract and I'll go elsewhere.

Plusnet did manage to take my money again this week... its the only thing they have managed to do right in two months.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@Mikerich323 Moaning will not get you anywhere. Both Staff and users have tried to assist you in getting your issue resolved but you keep throw it back at them. You seem to believe you are more important then anyone else. Your not. Have you looked at your router info. to physically see what you are connected at: Throughput does not equal download speed. Ofcom say its Throughput that counts towards as your minimum speed promise. Plusnet have already said told you that can see an issue on your line, will you allow and be present when an engineer comes. If they find its your internal wiring or just Wi-Fi that your issue you will likely get the 65 pound bill that Openreach charge for basically wasting their time.
Mikerich323
Grafter

wakeman

And how much are Plusnet paying you for all this?

Nothing?

You are sorting their problems and doing their research and development for them for nothing?

No wonder they like you!

After working in service industries for 20 years, in banking, insurance and local government, I can honestly Plusnet are the worst company I have ever seen.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@Mikerich323 Resulting to insults now are we. Grow up. I am a customer of PlusNet like you and this is a *public* forum, so any customer can respond to your posts. You are simply not worth bothering with. PlusNet staff have tried to assist you and you have simply rejected the offers of help.