Did you mean: 

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

FIXED
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

Hi @Mikerich323, I am sorry for the inconvenience that may be caused from waiting in for an appointment however, I'm afraid in the interest of getting this issue resolved for you we would recommend that you are in the property so the engineer can liaise with you if needed to get the fault resolved.

If you can please reply on the ticket and let us know once done, we can get this picked up and progressed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@samfinlayson Several points: If you create multiple threads in the forum or add yourself to another persons issue thread like this one, your issue could be missed. You can find your other thread by searching for it or looking at your notifications for any possible messages/links. Have you also considered your Wi-fi issue is nothing that PlusNet can fix. With lots of extra people working from home and using Wi-Fi especially on the overused 2.4 band, there are only *3* actual frequencies that do not cause any overlap, thus you could be getting swamped by other users/neighbours, also fighting over the limited bandwidth available. This is not something PlusNet can fix. If you actually mean you want to look at your fault ticket then go the members centre on your account and any open or closed tickets will be available to view. The point of the suggested possible fix to seperate out the 2.4 and 5 frequencies was to open up my bandwidth, which can help. If you have a lot of wireless devices. Another possibilty to help reduce issues is to have a wireless access point so traffic is shared between the devices.
Mikerich323
Grafter

Sam

I'm sorry to hear that your problem has not been sorted and I completely understand you feeling let down and ripped off by Plusnet. They were recommended to me by a friend who thinks they are great, but I've found them to be completely useless. I should have researched them more than I did, because when you start searching the net there is a massive amount of negative opinion regarding Plusnet that goes back several years. 

I believe today was the final day that you could join up with Plusnet for really good deal money wise. However, why take on even more customers when you cannot offer your  existing customers a descent service. Do you think they told these new customers that they will not be able to access customer services on the telephone?

You can afford  to offer really good deals to new customers if don't have so many call center staff and less infrastructure, and this does appear to be what is happening.

Mikerich323
Grafter

Hi @Mikerich323, I am sorry for the inconvenience that may be caused from waiting in for an appointment however, I'm afraid in the interest of getting this issue resolved for you we would recommend that you are in the property so the engineer can liaise with you if needed to get the fault resolved.

If you can please reply on the ticket and let us know once done, we can get this picked up and progressed for you.

LaurenB

What ticket?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for  getting back in touch @Mikerich323

There is an open fault ticket on your account awaiting for your reply here

samfinlayson
Dabbler

Hi Dabbler,

Apologies my friend, I’ve just found this in my junk box along with some others.

I can appreciate the advice given, however I live on a corner semi-detached - the closest neighbour is a housewife anyway with a homeworking husband, we have a choice between a widow nearly in her 80’s opposite, thats it so there’s no interference via the channels, plus - I’ve already split the broadcasts and used my Mac to scan the best WiFi channel, the 5Ghz isn’t capable of the suggested channel and the 2.4 has been changed, I’m seeing no improvement, this problem hasn’t started since the lockdown, the router has got steadily worse and worse over the last year since we got it, that on top of the poor quality internet connection anyway just amounts to a waste of everyone’s time.

I have a multitude of devices all using different bands, new and old, they all experienced drop outs or no connection at all requiring me to turn WiFi off on the devices that I can and just being stuck with no control/access of my boiler, CCTV or Apple TV’s in the bedrooms.

The router is shocking, the connection to the house is shocking... this COVID-19 lockdown will only be affecting the one side of it and I can confirm via wired connections it is just as bad as usual.

Thanks for the pointers on the tickets raising etc, I’ll have a look for that tomorrow although I’ve no idea what the thread is called because I didn’t create it - mainly because I don’t know how to and tagging on to the back of others is the only way I can write anything on here at all!!

They’ve said they can see problems on the line and that it’ll take 3-5 days to rectify, HOWEVER... they said the exact same thing on the 16th April... hmmmm.
Tags (1)
Mikerich323
Grafter

Hi Sam

Sorry that it’s taken me a while to come back on here, but real life gets in the way and my interest regarding Plusnet has hit another all time low as they once again prove that they have no interest in customers. Their poor customer services department take disinterest in customers to an all time low.

I can honestly say that I don’t really understand what Plusnet are talking about regarding your problem. At the end of the day (like with myself) all you want is a reliable internet connection and you know something, this is not rocket science or brain surgery, its something that is very easy to achieve, or should be. The fact that (like myself) you are still struggling strongly suggested that Plusnet are doing bare minimum to correct the fault. You sum things up perfectly…” a waste of everyone’s time.”

The problem might lie with the Plusnet router, which is basically the BT one (the old one of the two, in fact BT do not do fibre broadband with this router any longer), which is an absolute rubbish piece of equipment and it needs resetting about every three weeks with a pin in the reset hole for at least 15 seconds, because it is cheap and nasty. You could try resetting it yours.

I will try resetting mine because in the days I have not posted here Plusnet have not followed through with the problem nor have they responded to my official letter of complaint in writing. They have used their haphazard ticket system to contact me, but when I respond back and offer to stay in and await their repairman (who incidentally cannot enter the property) they go quiet again.

To anyone reading this thread for the first time… I guess you’re already with Plusnet!

In your own interests sever links with this provider as fast as you can!

Mikerich323
Grafter

Walter

Thanks for showing interest in this thread, which as you can is going absolutely nowhere. I don't recall how long Sam's connection problems have been going on, but my drop out problem has occurred for a couple of months, or in other words as long as I've been a customer. The live chat is an interesting point, although I have never tried it. When I worked in customer services some years ago we had a couple of people who did what we called snap chat and they were overwhelmed with the amount of callers they got and frequently they were trying to have conversations with up 8 different people at once. I can only imaging how many callers Plusnet will be trying to talk to at once, taking into account how constantly busy their phone lines are.

Apparently Plusnet were very good some years ago and seeing them as a big rival BT bought them up and then made them adopt their standards and work practices and as a result service nose-dived.

The one light on the horizon is that BT/Plusnet  might be about to lose their monopoly and encounter something bigger called O2 Virgin Media. Now is the time for BT/Plusnet to start treating their customers with some respect while they still have some customers.

Mikerich323
Grafter

Update

I followed the advice and called Plusnet customer services, but as usual, "We are receiving a high number of calls". You have been receiving a high number of calls for the past two months and when I finally get through the call handler cannot help me so she transfers me to someone who can. In short this means I get put to the back of queue and have to wait all over again. There's not even a message telling me that I am moving forward in the queue. So far dealing with Plusnet has not been a pleasant experience and I've not really made any progress since day one.

Another week on and no further. Called customer services again this morning at 9.00am when they opened and the same "We are receiving a high number of calls” message is already running. I’ve never seen such poor customer services from any company as this and I’m wondering if Plusnet is receiving so many calls, that your system is struggling badly. Looking around the internet there is lots of evidence that the fall out and low speed problems are not restricted to me, but to a great many Plusnet customers.

Plusnet might get back to me sometime…

They might even fix the problem sometime…

In the meantime can anybody advise me how to get out of this contract?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mikerich323
Grafter

newagetraveller

Many thanks for the link, which is very useful. The bit "fit for purpose" is extremely interesting, as the service Plusnet has provided has never been fit for purpose, or worked correctly. Further to this, I am supposed to be getting a speed between 25 and 40, but when I tested it yesterday it was only 23.

I think its time to enquire about the contract being void.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Please bear in mind that's the sync rate and the throughput rate are not the same, and if you have a throughput of 23Mbit, it's likely we're meeting our 25Mbit obligation.

You can see the sync rate by logging into your router. I note there is a fault report on your account which our faults team will investigate for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikerich323
Grafter

This one from Tony T arrived only minutes after I posted. It just goes to show you, mention ending the contract and Plusnet can actually do something fast,

Okay so where does 23 fit in between 25 and 40? You need to go back to school and learn how to count!

They are investigating... Inspector Clouseau was faster than you. 

It's taken two months to get to this point. You checked the line about six times and say the same thing every time... there's a fault and it keeps dropping out. Yes, I'm aware there is a fault and it keeps dropping out.

If I hit myself over the head with a hammer it hurts, if I do again five times it will still hurt... this is called logic, please, please Plusnet apply some!

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

Hi
@Mikerich323 

If you could post the page showing your router status on here, then the community can assist you.

You will need to log in to the router to do this.

The page you are looking for is Troubleshooting, then Helpdesk

Help and Advice Helpdesk Event Log

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the Plusnet Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your Plusnet Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@Mikerich323 

I also note from your GEA test there is interference, this may be internal or external to your property, and may be due to a number of things such as defective electrical equipment, strong radio signals for example.

Do you have any idea what may be causing this interference?

Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From20:00to20:15
Interference Location

Unknown