Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

FIXED
drewstew
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

Have no internet connection. Online fix didn't help. Rang Technical. Referred to Chat. Chat Closed. Rang Customer Services. Referred to Chat!

So how do I get it fixed?

95 REPLIES 95
shaunuk

Re: No Internet - and no Phone or Chat help available

i cant call in either, for some reason the support lines are closed !

Not sure why, surely an internet company is well placed to work from home.

Try some of the other phone options like, option 3 for 'im thinking of leaving' that seems to go into a call queue at least.

good luck, i dialed: 0330 123 0170

drewstew
Hooked

Fix

Well, don't know how this happened. No power outages, using internet at the time when it went down.

Use my own router. Going through the settings for the umpteenth time, noticed that my Broadband Username - that one -******@plusdsl.net and my password, had disappeared from Settings.

Got my Username easily enough from logging into my Account. Password not visible, but thanks to the Community found out it is the same as my account password!

Back up again.

samfinlayson
Dabbler

I’ve been trying for months to get help with my internet, actively trying for the last month or so, no phone calls, no online chat, no email. I’ve responded to a question on here because a moderator made a new topic for me - there’s no way to start a topic of your own.

The fact I’m coming to a forum, in the bleak hope a Plusnet employee will read it and get in touch with me is testament to how much of a non-funny joke these chancers are looking after their customers.

Someone else put it perfectly, an internet provider that can’t have its entire call staff work from home? Are they taking the urine? They certainly are while they cap my internet speed, give me a router which doesn’t perform more than 1m away on WiFi and the quality of the connection is so dire my 2mb 3G signal is better
Tags (1)
drewstew
Hooked

It really is bizarre. PlusNet is a ghost ship. They have a Twitter account @plusnethelp to which the website also directs help enquiries. The last activity on that was 3 April!

As a subsidiary of BT, you'd think they'd be at least combining resources with them to sort out problems - but as I'm not a BT customer, don't know if things are just as bad on that side.

samfinlayson
Dabbler

It’s abhorrent the service plusnet offer, they may have a twatter or facecrap social media presence but what about those of us who aren’t on social media? I don’t want to offer up all of my personal life to be sold to the highest bidder or to inform some marketing experts how best to sell me something I don’t need.

Live chat is the easiest service to implement/maintain, I don’t even want to phone them. I want email or live chat. I can structure a response then and remove all the profanity or change it slightly so they get the message (as they just don’t get it when you’re civil!), I also have a record then and don’t have to guess at what someone said once or what their name was or what I said.

I didn’t know they were part of BT, their ethos was supposed to be more informal and streamlined, future proofing. Guess that hasn’t passed down the chain to these idiots.
Tags (1)
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"but as I'm not a BT customer, don't know if things are just as bad on that side."

I am, and it most definitely isn't. In spite of what you might read on here about them and their group companies.😎

drewstew
Hooked

It's one thing to be running a "lean and mean" operation. It's quite another when it's so obviously threadbare.

Down to a lack of PPE?      People Processing Enquiries.

Tags (1)
Mikerich323
Grafter

Only been a customer a month and constant connection problems. Called customer services and they are not taking calls again! Company are completely useless, bad attitude, poor equipment, no resources... taking my money is the one thing they are doing correctly. Plusnet were recommended to me, but I would never recommend them to anyone else.   

If you thinking of having them as your provider, in your own interests don't!

Tags (1)
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

In order to balance up all this negative postings, I have usually excellent service from PlusNet, raised two issues on these forums and both these have been responded too, by Plusnet support staff, one involved a possible line speed fault, they got an engineer out next day for me. Still have a slight issue but being investigated.

Staff I believe can't work from home from the support centre because they need access to certain tools/testing systems, which would not work properly/accurately over their personal broadband. So are restricted in how many staff can safely work in the office at anyone time.

The staff are doing the best they can in trying circumstances. You can get through on the phone depending on how many are queuing they only have so many active lines. Nearly all ISP's have the same problems. Plusnet are often dependant on Openreach for line fault and they are rightly prioritising vulnerable people

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about some of the problems listed in this thread. I can see that the OP, @drewstew, has marked the thread as having being resolved which I am happy to see. I can see that there's multiple issues that have been raised here and I'd like to take the opportunity to apologise both on a personal level and on behalf of Plusnet as a whole for any issues that you're experiencing during these trying times. 

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If you're experiencing issues in which the connection is completely unavailable or is dropping frequently to the point of being unusable then I would urge that you please start your own threads to raise these matters to our attention, as it will help us to pick them up quicker and keep a better track of our contact with yourselves.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
samfinlayson
Dabbler

Alex,

I already have my own thread, not that I was able to start one, a moderator has moved it or “split” it I believe the terminology was. Still nothing. I need a new router. I told a man this on the phone when I was able to get through on the one occasion, but his answer was the demand on the line - my devices are not connecting to the router. It’s not a line problem because wired connections give me the usually awful connection I’ve experienced over the entire length of the contract. My heating won’t connect, my TV won’t connect (3months old Samsung Smart TV, fully updated etc), android tablet/iPad/iPhones/android phone. We end up turning the WiFi off on our devices and using the (as I’ve already mentioned) 3Mb connection speed as stated by speedtest.net which works better than Plusnet.)

Anyway. Not that it makes any difference me telling you this - I have tried to raise this on a daily basis and it gets ignored so I don’t hold out much hope for any fix.

I’m at the end of my tether here, I’m supposed to be working from home, I have disabled twins babies so a streaming service is required so I don’t have to neglect my employment and risk my employed status by not meeting my deadlines with a threat of dismissal if projects aren’t delivered by leaving to assist my wife constantly.

Im paying for a service and I’m not recieving it, for the time being a new router is the answer to my problems. Once lockdown is over I want to talk about refunds over the period where I’ve been capped below my promised minimum connection speed and the shoddy service I’ve received throughout.
Tags (1)
samfinlayson
Dabbler

Wakeman,

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience, truly I am, lord knows someone needs to get one.

I’m aware other ISP’s are experiencing trying times, this is a mitigating factor not an excuse, you expect a diminished level of service in these times, not a total lack of.
Which is what I’m experiencing and apparently a few others here.

Simple answer to the tools required, a laptop with their desktop image ghosted, and a VPN, done. They have the exact same setup at home as in the office - I really don’t care about the professionalism of the staff member I get to speak to, a dog in the background, a kid screaming “WHERE’S MY SOCKS MUM?” or a partner stubbing a toe and shouting “[-Censored-]”... it matters not to me and if someone were to have a problem with that, they’re an idiot, we’re all human and we’d get it. But we’re not getting through on the phone... I got through once on 16th April and the idiot told me something incorrect, I work in a similar sector and actually worked in this exact one prior to my current employment. I’m well aware of the capabilities of their IT dept to facilitate WFH. If they don’t allow them then the SMT or Exec committee should be taking a long hard look at themselves or re-evaluating their IT BP’s.

As I say, glad you’ve had a positive experience - you should always have balance (especially in 2 days time), unfortunately for me and so many others, we’re not being valued as paying customers.

I didn’t even know this forum existed, this is a last dirched attempt to be listened to and get a resolution to a simple goddammed router swap out!

Tags (1)
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@drewstew the last activity on the @plusnethelp Twitter account was ~2 hours ago, perhaps you're not familiar with how Twitter works?

Mikerich323
Grafter

I became a customer and because of a fault (or so they tell me) I was unable to use my landline or connect to the net for the first week. I spent many hours on my mobile during that week attempting to contact customer services and heard a great many messages, such as waiting time is one hour or waiting time is 20 minutes, but after 40 minutes I gave up. Eventually, I got through and after testing the line twice, Plusnet informed me they could not find a fault. It’s a good thing that I told them that there was no diallng tone, because they suddenly announced it was a BT fault and it would be fixed in six days. Three days later (not six) I mysteriously found there was a dialing tone and I was able to connect to my broadband. This makes me think that Plusnet forgot to switch something on. Great I thought, but the connection kept dropping, but I allowed some days before contacting them again to report the problem as Plusnet’s own documentation suggests this is part of the normal procedure of their equipment.

I was advised a 10 minute wait that became 20 and when I got through the call handler could not help me and passed me through to a technical person, which became another 20 minute wait. The technical person who had very little interest, checked the line again and could not find a problem. I then pointed out that the plastic cover of the control box on the side of my property had fallen the day before and that all the wires were now open to the elements. However, he had no interest whatsoever in following this up and suggested that I check that all the connections inside the property were secure (of course I had already done this many times). He added, see how you go and generally fobbed me off and that was it.

The dropping out problem has continued.

These might be difficult times, but in six weeks many companies (like the supermarkets and Amazon) have stood up to the plate, taken on more staff, rearranged shifts, adapted and become more versatile. On the other hand, Plusnet have run away, reduced their hours and even when customer services are open they are not taking calls.

After a month I do not have a reliable service and I cannot contact anyone for assistance. Taking all this into consideration. have Plusnet voided their contract with me?