Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Again!

neilbradley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No Internet Again!

I had this issue last year and it looks like this has happened again, this weekend suddenly for no reason I appear to have no internet access.
The DSL light is on my modem and the router has the broadband light on, but there is not Internet light on.
Last time this happened apparently I needed to be moved on to a new Gateway - does this need to happen again?
My plus.net id is neilbradleyuk.
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No Internet Again!

It should be sorted now.
Can you try it?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
neilbradley
Dabbler

Brilliant, thank you Matt, all working again.
Was it the same as last time (change of Gateway?) and if so, any idea why it happens and anything I can do to stop it in the future?
Cheers, Neil.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I believe its the same issue.
There's nothing you can do from your end but we're working on it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
neilbradley
Dabbler

Ok, no worries, appreciate your help.
neilbradley
Dabbler

Hi Matt.
Ok, although this was sorted out this morning, it still seems to be having intermittent issues this evening (we have been out during the day so not sure if specific to this evening).
Speedtest initially showed speeds of approx 51mbps d/l and 12mbps u/l, but then 20 minutes later this dropped to approx 20mbps.  Then this evening the internet light on the router went red, so restarted the router and all was well, again at the lower speed.  2 hours later, same thing, red internet light on the router, then the internet light went out without any interference.
Again, restarted the router (modem has been left on the whole time without being rest since this morning). Back up and running again.
No idea why Im getting these issues at the moment - so I need to raise a ticket or are you aware of an issue with my line or something?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our tests are showing a potential fault that may need a appointment.
If you can raise this we'll look into it.
https://faults.plus.net
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
neilbradley
Dabbler

Hi Matt, at the time of this issue on Monday I thought the issue had been corrected by yourself, so closed the fault ticket/question.
I did not realise they had updated it to say there was an issue but closed it, however now when I try to open a new fault ticket/question, it just keeps saying "Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem" and refuses to let me start a new question.  Even on another browser. 
Is it possible to either re-open the original ticket (Question #107324400) or open a new one?  I don't seem to be able to do it.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've reopened it for you on 107447066
If you can respond with appointment times we'll get this looked into.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team