cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre connection yet phone is ok. Had a line fault recognised recently...

Bailz
Dabbler

No Fibre connection yet phone is ok. Had a line fault recognised recently...

and apparently resolved.
Information below.
ATU-R Information
        Type: VDSL2
        Hardware: Annex A
        Firmware: 05-07-04-03-00-07
        Power Mngt Mode: DSL_G997_PMS_NA
        Line State: TRAINING
        Running Mode:
        Vendor ID: b5004946 544e0000
ATU-C Information
      Vendor ID: 00000000 00000000 [unknown]
Line Statistics

Downstream            Upstream               
Actual Rate 0 Kbps 0 Kbps
Attainable Rate 0 Kbps 0 Kbps
Path Mode Fast Fast
Interleave Depth 0 0
Actual PSD 0. 0 dB 0. 0 dB
Near End                Far End                 
Trellis ON ON
Bitswap OFF OFF
ReTx 0 0
SNR Margin 0 dB 0 dB
Attenuation 0 dB 0 dB
CRC 0 0
FECS 0 s 0 s
ES 0 s 0 s
SES 0 s 0 s
LOSS 0 s 0 s
UAS 0 s 0 s
HEC Errors 0 0
RS Corrections 0 0
LOS Failure 0 0
LOF Failure 0 0
LPR Failure 0 0
NCD Failure 0 0
LCD Failure 0 0
NFEC 0 0
RFEC 0 0
LYSMB 0 0

The connection was lost at exactly 12am last night for some reason.
Please advise on the resolution.
Kind regards.
10 REPLIES 10
Bailz
Dabbler

Re: No Fibre connection yet phone is ok. Had a line fault recognised recently...

Still down.
Please look into this.
Thanks.
Bailz
Dabbler

Re: No Fibre connection yet phone is ok. Had a line fault recognised recently...

Still not sorted  Angry
Essentially my fibre has been re-ordered?!? after nearly two years of a working connection at the premises.
When is this being resolved? My connection has been cancelled and re-provisioned with no authorisation from myself, nor have there been any billing issues and prior line-issues were apparently resolved.
If this "switch-over" will improve my service, please go ahead; provided i am informed i have no issues with scheduled down-time in lieu of a better service.
Otherwise, revert back to what i was on before because it worked!   Roll_eyes
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm very sorry about this. From reading the notes on the account, your initial order for fibre back in 2014 was still showing as open on our suppliers systems. These should close off after 2 weeks, however somehow this remained open for a prolonged period of time. This has also caused the order to become stuck, meaning that right at this moment no other orders can be placed until that's cleared, we're working to get this closed down asap and our provisioning team will keep you updated on the progress.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SPECIE8472

a previous post mentioned loosing connection at midnight (no such thing as 12am or pm)  I have noticed the same thing at the same time. I did a traceroute and found the following node faulty and I do believe its been intermittent for MONTHS. Its a bother to come on plusnet and report a fault so only when desperate do I come and I now see the ticket system has gone,,,  so now worse still.    My solution is find another isp if it is not resolved. Nodes failing are auto logged so no excuse, the same hop node is replaced by 84.93.249.2 and starts to work again but response is worse than poor. I have near 40Mbps FTTC and it started well when joined,,,,  then its down the pan. getting flow for bbc news is 99% of the time day or night impossible. a consistant 3Mbps is better than this claimed 39Mbps.  Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
I have been on the internet some time before BT even started an ISP so please don't prevaricate, I assume plus net read these and its a one and only complaint from me which is easy enough to sort for them. If it doesn't happen I am gone.
PING irb.10.PTW-CR01.plus.net (84.93.249.1): 56 data bytes
--- irb.10.PTW-CR01.plus.net ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.00% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.00/0.00/0.00/0.00 ms
Bailz
Dabbler

Any update?
Let me reiterate.
Until midnight  ( Wink ) of the 9th, i have had a working PlusNet fibre connection since June 2014.
-
I reported issues in the last two weeks and up to now was fully notified and updated of the stages of the fixes.  Indeed once this line fault was fixed (so i've been told), my fibre had worked at a sync speed of 65000/20000 for several days.
Out of nowhere, a change has been made to my working connection that disabled my fibre completely.
Presumably an engineer was at the exchange at midnight and his actions caused this change, and presumably the work is logged.
-
Therefore, why is another engineer not being informed that the previous work has disabled my connection, and has not been sent to the same exchange to resolve this?
There does not need to be a due process or a waiting period, or a rebooking where 'undoing the mistake' is fitted in when convenient.  There needs to be a phone-call that say's "hello, you left one of our paying customers offline when you did whatever work you were doing, go back and sort it!".
Wink
Bailz
Dabbler

Any update?
No fibre for 5 days now  Grin
Bailz
Dabbler

Updated my ticket.
We're back in the working week now and there's ample time for paid contractors to be assigned to rectify the mistake they have made:  Please advise me on the schedule that has been given to the suppliers and their staff who will be responsible for reinstating my connection that is down to an admin error and not a technical fault.
Kind regards.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you on twitter? If you are you may get noticed quicker at https://twitter.com/Plusnethelp
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for not replying on here previously. We need to get an order in place first of all to reprovide the service and then see if we can get this sped up/expedited. I'm getting the order placed now.
Unfortunately I've not been able to place the new order as the order that is causing the issue is still showing as open on the suppliers systems so I receive an error when trying to place a new one. I've sent a message to our supplier team to chase this up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bailz
Dabbler

9 days with no resolution now and going into the weekend where nothing will be done.
The suppliers are now impacting on the reputation of Plusnet themselves and if it wasn't for the hassle of migrating i would be looking for another provider today; as this goes on i will be more inclined to "deal with the hassle" and cut my losses.
I need a timescale update of the stages of resolution from Plusnet and the suppliers themselves today.  Already at 9 days (soon to be inevitably 12) if i am reading the terms stated on the site correctly there is now a breach of the agreement.  I understand it is not the fault of customer agents only going about their job, however now the next level of the resolution process must be held to task as this timescale is now unreasonable, no matter the process involved.
It seems as if the suppliers are simply not interested at this point, and while this is likely to be out of Plusnet's hands to a point, unfortunately this tardiness does not reflect well on them at all.
-
Basically, sort it.  At the very least tell me when it is going to be sorted, and if you are waiting on a response from an outside party, get this from them today so i can plan accordingly.
-
I am due to be billed on the 25th.  I state here that if i am not connected by then at the absolute latest i will be looking for another provider.
Regards.