cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre connection? No word from Plusnet?

RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

No Fibre connection? No word from Plusnet?

I waited patiently all day yesterday to see the orangey/red light change on the Hub One router heralding the arrival of superfast into our lives. Never happened.

I switched the router off and back on again this morning just to check. Same result. As far as I can tell my phone line that is Fibre ready... is not fibre working! All the filters are on, the phone line's working, etc, etc.

Problem is, my other line (I have two in the house) is the one carrying plusnet's DSL2+ product and I'm worried they'll cut this before they check and sort out the non-existent signal on the second line for FTTC.

Anyone else had this sort of problem? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ralph

29 REPLIES 29
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: No Fibre connection? No word from Plusnet?

Sorry to hear your fibre service isn't working yet.

Looking at your account it appears you've since spoken to someone on chat and we've contacted our suppliers to be told they are working on routing for the fibre connection.

Apologies for any inconvenience the delay is causing, we'll continue to monitor this and let you know once we've received an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

That was a serendipitous reply. I've just finished chatting with a pleasant BT Openreach engineer who was at my local cabinet and, as luck would have it, was working on my line!

She says that it 'should all be working now' but that Plusnet may need to activate it now it's working?

I have reset the Hub but it's still giving me the orange red solid bar and the flashing orangey red icon...

Cheers

Ralph

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RalphAverbuch wrote:

She says that it 'should all be working now' but that Plusnet may need to activate it now it's working?

As you're going through a housemove and not a new activation, your account is already active on the broadband side of things, it's just waiting for a connection.

When I checked just before making my previous post, we'd not received any order completion notification from our suppliers.

I've just double checked this and the last notes are from 9:02am following us contacting our suppliers. These notes request us to check for updates on 06/10/16. However, I'd hope to receive an update sooner than this if what the engineer has told you is accurate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

Actually that's not quite what's going on...

We have two phone lines. There's one you already supply with DSL2+ broadband but cannot be upgraded to fibre. So you're 'moving' me to the other phone line which recently was enabled for fibre. I'm told the one currently getting DSL2+ won't get upgraded for at least another year, so we're swapping lines to get the fibre connection up and running now.

We aren't moving house in the actual sense, just changing from one phone line into the house to the other which can be fibre enabled Smiley

Harry - what do you mean by waiting for a connection? The BT Openreach lady said it's done... at least from their end anyway.

Cheers

Ralph

RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

Capture.JPGNo idea if this is helpful but...

Save

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@RalphAverbuch wrote:

Harry - what do you mean by waiting for a connection? The BT Openreach lady said it's done... at least from their end anyway.

Cheers

Ralph

The engineer may have told you that, but that's not what it says on the order at the moment.

As the account is already active, there won't be anything restricting the connection from, well connecting, from our side like we occasionally see with new connections.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

OK

THanks Harry

Guess it's a case of marking time until it kicks in then? Should I leave the new Hub one router on or just switch it off until I get the OK from Plusnet?

Cheers

Ralph

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You may as well leave it plugged in (Unless of course you need it for the other connection) as it should connect up automatically if the connection details in the router are correct.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

Thanks Harry. I'll do that.

Right now it's the default setup@ username. I presume it picks up the connection from this and resets it. I can go in and manually override it with my own plusnet username and password if that's needed.

cheers

Ralph

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

In theory leaving it as setup@plusdsl.net should be fine as when it sees a connection it should run the auto-config.

Feel free to change it manually though.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

Harry

Any change in status on this?

Cheers

Ralph

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we've not had any updates from our suppliers.

I'll give our provisioning team a nudge to query this with our suppliers. However to ensure expectations are correct, we may be advised to check back on the review date we were previously given (06/10/16) and I unfortunately can't guarantee what the engineer has advised you was accurate.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

Hi Harry

Got a call from a very helpful Plusnet person on Saturday, saying the status of the line hadn't yet been changed but they hoped to re-check today to see if it had been updated.

Just want to say I really appreciate the customer service. I am frustrated that the original FTTC start date's drifted, but being kept in the loop about the delays and the demonstrable effort Plusnet are putting in to keeping on top of it, is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ralph

Gregg
Grafter

Don't hold your breathe, could be two weeks+ before you have any sort of connection then another 2-3 months of slow speeds and instability, test sockets and removing wireless from the network and engineer visits and so on and on.