cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre Broadband for 9 days

braddassat
Hooked

No Fibre Broadband for 9 days

Switched to Plusnet at the end of April and everything was fine for 3 weeks or so. Then suddenly my Plusnet Hub One was showing a flashing orange light with an intermittent flashing red 'b'. I contacted Plusnet and they checked the line and said there seemed to be an issue with the synchronisation of my line. Tried the test socket in master socket and the same issue. So an Openreach engineer was sent a few days later who spent time checking the line outside of my property and said that was fine and then checked at the master socket and declared that there was no problem with the line up to the master socket. It must be your Plusnet Hub that's at fault she told me. I spoke to Plusnet and they agreed to send another Plusnet Hub One. In the meantime I borrowed a Netgear modem/router from work (which I was informed by Plusnet should work OK) and this too did failed to get me connected. The new Plusnet router arrived, it to failed to solved the problem. So it's not the hub (or microfilter. or wires) and according to Openreach it's not the line. So what is it?? 

Plusnet meant to get back me yesterday. Didn't.

Spent £17.99 on a 5 day pass for BT Wifi before borrowing a BT mini-hub from work. Have taken one day off work and it looks like I am about to be asked to take another day of work. 

Frustrating.

9 REPLIES 9
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: No Fibre Broadband for 9 days

Hi @braddassat I am sorry to hear about your recent experiences, I know you might have done this already but please can you confirm that your new router is in the test socket like this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
braddassat
Hooked

The Openreach engineer that visited me last Friday changed my Master Socket to a 5C Mk 4 socket which has separate phone and broadband sockets. I have tried taking the front off this Master Socket and plugging a microfilter into the main socket inside the Master Socket but nothing works.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @braddassat I have looked over the history of your account and understand what has happened, however the fault is coming back that nothing is in sync so we would need to complete those checks again to ensure it isn't anything internal. I am sorry for about this. I have updated your fault, which is with the Fault Team so please go over there and update it when you have a moment. Thanks for your continued patience.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
braddassat
Hooked

So it's now 3 weeks without broadband. Another Openreach engineer visited last Friday and said the same as the first. No issues with the line right up to master socket. Plusnet told me on Saturday that their faults team would investigate further and get back to me. Heard nothing since. 

braddassat
Hooked

No broadband for... 23 days and counting.

I am going to start a new thread for every day I continue to have no broadband connection, maybe it will get someone's attention.

This is my original post

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/No-Fibre-Broadband-for-9-days/td-p/1737910

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: No broadband for... 23 days and counting.

Moderators Note

Topics merged

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
braddassat
Hooked

No Broadband for.... 23 days and counting

I am going to start a new thread for every day I continue to have no broadband connection, maybe it will get someone's attention.

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Re: No Broadband for.... 23 days and counting

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: No Broadband for.... 23 days and counting

Moderators Note

Topics merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'