cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FTTC service, like someone had switched it off...

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: No FTTC service, like someone had switched it off...

Well, so far the connection has stayed up reliably since Tuesday afternoon, must have been sod's law as that's the day I bagged a Huawei 4G stick on ebay and ordered a Smarty SIM, still feeling somewhat bemused by the repair estimate though, but at least now I have a backup (and potential future idea for internet access if needs be) if it pops its' clogs again, just wish I could place the stick somewhere a bit higher up in the house for better speeds, but on the end of a 2M USB extension stuck to the wall above the router is better than nowt I suppose...

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Noticed my ticket has been closed as "Not a fault", erm, right... 🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @twocvbloke 

I'm sorry to see how the fault ticket 208576493 has been handled. Generally speaking major service outages aren't considered as faults in that we wouldn't monitor as the vast majority are fixed pretty quickly. Due to the long lead time we were provided, I felt that some proactive monitoring was needed. 

Having tested your line now I'm happy to see that the outage has been confirmed as resolved as of 28-11-2020 08:39:05, and your connection's been stable for the last 3 days Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

The long lead time certainly was a bit of a shocker, that's a given, now I have a 4G stick loaded with 30GB data and, well, no real need for it now!!! Still keeping it hooked up to the router for now though for those "you never know" moments... 😂