cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DSL sync after fibre upgrade

toastofleeds
Dabbler

No DSL sync after fibre upgrade

I was upgraded to fibre on Monday, but it's all gone a bit wrong!
The DSL light is just sat there flashing, taunting me. I've raised a fault, but what's the turn around for a FTTC fault like this?
Also, if the phone line is over a certain length, will the sync just fail, or will it keep dropping like an ADSL connection would?

Estimated speed is between 4 and 8Mb on fibre.

Ta!

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No DSL sync after fibre upgrade

Hello there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your new fibre install. It looks like to progress the fault we'll need to arrange an engineer appointment. Looking at your account I can't see that we've ordered you a fibre modem/router.

Are you using your own equipment, and have you tried connecting the router into the test socket (Found by unscrewing the faceplate of the master phone socket).

Feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to work your ticket on your account to progress the fault.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
toastofleeds
Dabbler

Thanks for looking Anoush.

I didn't order a Plusnet router as I was ordering a TP-Link VR900 at the same time.

I've tried in the master socket without the faceplate, and with a different filter - no difference.

Many thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've updated your ticket, if you let me know once you reply I'll get the engineer booked in for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
toastofleeds
Dabbler

Many thanks Anoush.

I've updated the ticket

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Engineer's all booked in for tomorrow between 1pm and 6pm.

I hope it goes well

toastofleeds
Dabbler

The engineer told me that my line's too long for fiber. I'm gutted.
What happens now? I've been without internet for a week.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm really sorry to hear this. That's probably the worst possible outcome Sad

What we'd usually do now is to offer to downgrade your service back to ADSL. If you would like to go ahead I'd recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.