cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DSL signal after activation

codacity
Hooked

No DSL signal after activation

Had phone/fibre activated yesterday, it finally came on at around 11.10pm but our VDSL modem says there is no DSL signal. Fault has been logged, told it can take 24-48 hours to get a response.

Anyone know how long these issues take to resolve? Is there really any differentiation between business and home support? We had Sky before but they were unable to give us 80 Mbit fibre after moving for some reason and they had always resolved issues very quickly or had an engineer out the following day. This seems like a downgrade in support already.

8 REPLIES 8
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: No DSL signal after activation

Fault response times Sad  2 weeks ago

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Fault-Response-Times/m-p/1382481/highlight/true#M136

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry that you're not online at the moment. I can see a fault has been reported and when we test your line it's showing as out of sync from that too.

It's very likely that the next step is going to be an engineer visit to resolve the issue. Before we go down that route, can you confirm that the phone line is working fine and that the router is plugged in to the master socket?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
codacity
Hooked

Yes master socket, tried multiple filters/cables just to make sure.

Don't OR engineers test the line speed on the port at the cabinet before enabling it any more?....

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the issue is between the cab/premises then it may not be detected at the point of install.

What about the phone dial tone? Is that there and clear?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
codacity
Hooked

Yep - phone works absolutely fine!

codacity
Hooked

It looks like the line is wired into sockets all around the house, is this likely to cause any issues? There is nothing plugged into any of the other sockets. The previous owner had Sky BB on the line without issue (unknown if it was ADSL or VDSL).

Took the faceplate off and plugged directly into the socket. No change.

codacity
Hooked

No response received today in relation to this, if an engineer visit is required why was it not arranged on the initial phone call? That is what Sky would have done.... Figured that by ordering a business service that the support would have at least been reasonable, guess I was wrong there!

codacity
Hooked

Problem has now been resolved after an engineer visit today.

Not clear who was at fault but reason for no signal is that my line hadn't been connected at the fibre cabinet.