cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection

FrazUK
Grafter

No Connection

I had the text and email last night confirming everything is completed and that my broadband is ready to use, however, I don't seem to have an internet connection yet. Ive tried a couple of routers and don't get any broadband indication light. On order tracking it said my connection is due to be activated today after 12pm, but as I said, last night around midnight I got the confirmation that it is now active.

Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No Connection

Your order is completed. Can you advise if you're plugged in to the master socket and what kind of socket it is (might be easier to upload a photo of how you're connected to the socket).

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FrazUK
Grafter

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm connected to the master socket which is one of these http://phil.lavin.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fttc-faceplate.jpg. It's brand new, asked the engineer to fit one for me yesterday.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And the router is plugged in to the top bit, without an additional filter in place? If so I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FrazUK
Grafter

Yeah the router is plugged straight into the top bit. The router(TP-Link W9980) supports VSDL2, been using it on BT Infinity for ages in the same way. I've also used the settings shown in the my members area along with my plusnet username and password so I'm confident everything is set up properly.

The engineer did say something before he left. He said he couldn't carry out the final test required to 'close a job' because the test service was busy, but assured me it was only a problem on their end and that the line was fine.

I'll report it as a fault now.

Cheers!

FrazUK
Grafter

Hey Chris,

Just wondering if there's any update. The ticket still says awaiting a response.

Cheers!

FrazUK
Grafter

@Chris BT called me this morning trying to sell me a fiber package and seemed to think I'm still on TalkTalk. The previous tenants of the property were on TalkTalk as I was still receiving their mail from TalkTalk, Could it be the engineer didn't properly switch my line over to Plusnets services and that's why I still have no connection?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm getting this looked into for you.

[edit]

Our tests are saying your router is off.

Is that the case?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrazUK
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler No the router is on, this has already been verified. Ive tried 2 different vdsl routers and an openreach modem whilst on the phone with support aswell as tried in the test socket. This is why a fault was raised on my line.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Just wanted to make sure.

We'll have to book a engineer to the property to investigate further as I suspect the line is crossed somewhere down the line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FrazUK
Grafter

Book an engineer?

I'm already sat here with the understanding that an engineer should already be booked to look at the exchange and the cabinet and MAY have to visit the property. I agreed to the terms and conditions of this when on the phone with support on Monday. On Friday I was told I'd be contacted within 24 hours, which I wasn't, So i called in again on Monday. This is when the line tests were done, with me on the phone, fault was raised, told an engineer would need to look at it and I'd be contacted within 24 hours, again I wasn't. I had to call back again to get an update yesterday. I post here today and I'm told an engineer will need to be booked. Will an engineer be booked this time or will the circle repeat itself?

I don't mean to come across as rude, it just seems I've been sat here waiting for something that wasn't going to happen.

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Might be a stupid question but I assume you get a dial tone from the bottom socket? If so, can you remove the front faceplate and the filter plate and connect into the standard socket via a microfilter? Wondering if ruling out the socket's in-built filter is worth a try, just in case it is faulty? So essentially stripping the socket down to the first socket, and using that.

FrazUK
Grafter

Yeah the phone line works fine and I've already tested in the test socket with another micro filter whilst I was on the phone to support on Monday.

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Fair enough. In that case it definitely sounds like the issue is further back from the master socket. Just wonder if the jumper to the cabinet has not been set.

FrazUK
Grafter

Yeah, definitely seems to be an external fault. Ive just swapped faceplates with my neighbor to be completely sure and her net works fine while I still have no connection.