Did you mean: 

No Broadband

FIXED
les80756
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No Broadband

Hi.

I recently changed provider due to poor broadband service. My activation date was the 15th August 2018. Two days on and i still have no broadband! I have been through all the tests with your agents, three times, and still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder whether i have made a bad move in changing providers. At least i had broadband, albeit a poor service, with my last provider, but now i have no broadband. Have i actually been activated? Plus i'm paying for a service that is at present non exsistent. Not happy!!!

31 REPLIES 31
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: No Broadband

Hi @les80756 and Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are have still not been able to get connected since going live with us.

Testing your line is suggesting your line is currently not in sync (no broadband signal is being detected), can you confirm if the router is currently plugged in and switched on?

I understand you have done some tests with my colleagues but can you also take a look through our Troubleshooting Guides here. After completing these, if you still have no connection can you report this here.

If you reply once you have done this, we will get this picked up for you so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
les80756
Dabbler

Hi.

I got frustrated with it last night and switched it off before i came to work this morning. I shall be home at about 1720 this evening.

Les

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @les80756,

Thanks for clarifying this. Once you get back home and have time to carry out the troubleshooting guides that @LaurenB has suggested please let us know so that we can investigate further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

@les80756 wrote:

Hi.

I recently changed provider due to poor broadband service. My activation date was the 15th August 2018. Two days on and i still have no broadband! I have been through all the tests with your agents, three times, and still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder whether i have made a bad move in changing providers. At least i had broadband, albeit a poor service, with my last provider, but now i have no broadband. Have i actually been activated? Plus i'm paying for a service that is at present non existent. Not happy!!!

Sounds similar to my issue. Have you tried the old connection to see if that's still live? I can't connect to Plusnet but can still connect to BT. Hub light goes blue but credentials aren't accepted.

les80756
Dabbler

Ok. I have exhausted all the checks that are possible. I have a phone connection but still no broadband. Not even a call from anyone. This is not a good start and I am now wishing I stayed with my previous supplier. It was a poor service but at least I had broadband!! Frustrated...yes. Angry...getting there!!!
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @les80756

I've ran checks on your line and it is showing in sync but the authentication details are incorrect. Please can you follow the instructions below to authenticate your router;

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254 or by clicking here.

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net

Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

les80756
Dabbler

Hi.

I have just completed the tests you suggested, and followed your instructions to the letter, through an ethernet cable. Still nothing. I changed the default password to my account name and password. I saw ppp connecting and then back to the log in page. Still no broadband!!

Les

rbz5416
Grafter

That’s exactly what I’m getting. Did you try you old connection as I suggested?

les80756
Dabbler

Hi. Yes i did. The old connection has been disconnected

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @les80756,

I'm sorry that you still have no connection following your activation and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

Testing your line is now picking up an external fault so I've raised this over to our suppliers for further investigation. We should receive an update from them within 72 hours and our faults team will be in touch once we have this. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch on here if you have any questions in the meantime.

For reference, today's test result is as follows:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1625
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 214.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-08-15T11:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 40.0 Mbps 40.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 653.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.1
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-08-20T09:01:34.605+01:00 2018-08-20T09:16:34.605+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
les80756
Dabbler

Ok.

I have had an engineer out today 20/8/18. He tested everything in the box. All positive. He came into my property and tested everything in the property. All positive. All connections correct. Fired the hub up again and still the orange light. No blue light. He told me to request a new hub as he and the senior engineer he spoke to on the phone agreed that it was a faulty router. Like he said, everything is proven regarding connections! And so it goes on!!

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @les80756

Please accept our apologies for the continued issues with your broadband service.

I have replied to the open ticket on your account regarding the fault. You can view it by clicking here.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It is difficult to understand how the GEA test in message #11 showed a perfectly good sync speed of 40Mbps down 10Mbps up if the modem is faulty along with a failed test due to copper joint impairment. I am afraid that Openreach have not found the problem and are fobbing you off and blaming the router. I would be surprised if that is the problem.

@Jubby  Are you able to see a connection from your end, could it be an account authentication problem?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

The line is now testing OK, here's a GEA from this morning.

We can see however @les80756 that you still have no active connection. As the line is in sync, the issue is with the authentication, if the steps followed above are not working, then there is likely an authentication fault.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 277.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-08-20T13:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 799.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-08-21T08:46:23.772+01:00 2018-08-21T09:01:23.772+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

I have spoke to our suppliers this morning but due to a system error their side,they have asked me to contact them again in 2 hours. I will let you know once I have an update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team